cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
Actually Virgin only includes the movies which are available on freeview like Film4....

You also get access to 'Turner Classic Movies' on Virgin. Whoopee....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only £1 but it's drifitng away from the £5 a month mark and getting closer to £10 which is going to push people away.
 I wouldn't mind the increase so much if they were giving something back in return like more channels, last year they removed the the Disney and Nickelodeon channels and replaced with that stupid Nat Neo WIld which i'm guessing only about 1% of subcribers auctullly want and watch.
 I don't mind paying more but I would like more in return, how about adding the Sci-Fi channel and some more music channels? or even bringing the Disney channel back?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They very cleverly got another increase last year when they removed channels from the entertainment package and added the kids pass, if they are putting the price up they should be giving the Kids package for free with the entertainment pass to make up for this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They need to address the Apple TV issue. Otherwise I am cancelling my subscription. Why do they thrill they can increase the price like this when they treat Apple TV users so poorly.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A near 15 percent increase passed off in an email as good news! ...... the loss of kids channels last year... an increase of a pound the year before that.... slowly Sky are ramping the price up... probably in readyness for when Sky 'proper' is available online so they dont 'devalue' their main product.. I'll play one platform off against the other (sky, netflix etc), wait for special offers or use it at special times like Christmas..... there are so many options on digital media and the public are more savy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys, some information on the New price increase calm the nerves a bit on this.. 

• Whenever we review our pricing we work hard to keep any changes to a minimum. This is the first increase to the Entertainment Pass since October 2014. We believe £7.99 to stream 11 of the latest and best Pay TV channels as well as watch over 250 Box Sets remains great value for money.
  • The price change is only impacting the Entertainment Month Pass. No changes are being made to any other NOW TV Passes
  • We continue to make ongoing investment in our on screen line up; you can enjoy new seasons from some of the biggest shows from the US such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ballers, Westworld and brand new The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal. As well as more new Sky Original Productions such as Riviera with Julia Stiles and Tin Star with Tim Roth and British comedy and entertainment, including brand new A League Of Their Own and Bounty Hunters with Jack Whitehall.
    • NOW TV has over 8,000 individual episodes, including 250 box sets to binge on, with new titles added weekly
    • Since the last price change we’ve added VICELAND and the Nat Geo WILD
    • Since February have added an additional 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We continue to improve our service with new features and updates; we’ve added ‘Watchlists’ giving you the ability to save your favourite shows in one place, making them easy to find
    • You can pick up a show where they left off through the ‘Continue Watching’ feature
    • We’ve introduced personalised recommendations, helping you find something new to watch quickly and easily
    • NOW TV is available on over 60 devices and we continue to increase the number. Recently we added Apple TV, Samsung and LG Smart TVs. A full list of devices can be found on the NOW TV help site.

• We want to continue to bring you brand new shows with big-name actors, like Guerilla with Freida Pinto and Big Little Lies with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Not forgetting factual shows: since February, we've added over 250 hours of documentaries.
    • We’ve got new seasons of returning favourites including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ray Donovan and A League of Their Own: Roadtrip.
    • Plus brand new shows like Riviera with Julia Stiles, Tin Star with Tim Roth, Legion from Marvel and The Deuce with James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
    • There's over 250 box sets to binge on, and we’re adding new titles each week including Curb your Enthusiasm, Billions, The Night Of and Westworld.

Hope this sheds a bit of light on the out look as to why we have done this 🙂 everything we do is all for our customers needs : )

Thanks The Nowtv Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over 250 boxsets? Really? 

Price increase is typical Sky, Netflix and Amazon offer much more quality shows and also provide Ultra HD, where Sky cant even provide HD.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Over 250 boxsets? Really? 

Yeah, there's a list updated monthly here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/m-p/432287#M32261

although the way NOW TV defines a boxset means some single-episode documentaries get called a boxset, and whether they are of any interest to you is a matter of personal taste.

Make use of the no-contract nature and just subscribe for months where there is something you want to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this Nadine but I'm afraid it doesn't really ring true. Your post repeats several points multiple times suggesting that it's been padded to look more impressive than it actually is. I'm also not sure about the accuracy, you say you've added lots of content since February, which is true, but you don't mention that you've also dropped lots of stuff as well. You give with one hand and you take with the other- along with more money! Finally the point that everything you do is motivated by making things better for customers is just plain NONSENSE!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too much money for too little content, and with over compressed 720p video as well. I'm used to watching Netflix and Amazon at 4K in HDR with 5.1 audio now, and the amount of content for the money on those two services is so far ahead of Now TV it's comical. 

Now TV is for the occasional HBO show, which I finish up then cancel my sub again. It's simply sub standard service.