cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Content

I was wondering if anyone can help with a question regarding the now tv entertainment content. On the website its stated that shows are added to catch up within 24 hours of broadcast but I've noticed quite a few shows that are not available - I cant watch them live as I work into the evening. Most of the missing shows are on the itv encore channel - shows such as downton abbey are being broadcast from the first series but not availbale to watch later and I also found a show called Injustice that I wanted to watch but that doesnt seem to be available either. Is it just a selection of shows that are added to catch up as if so there's no point in me looking to see whats on, I might as well wait and see what gets added to the on demand service after broadcast.

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as a rule of thumb most new content is added to catchup. As Gold and ITV Encore are mainly repeat channels they tend to pick the odd show to make available. It's these stations which pick what shows are available, not Sky or NOW TV.

Unfortunately you only know if a show is unavailable once 24 hours have passed and it's not turned up. There is a chance some of the shows will arrive as boxsets instead but these come and go throughout the year.

Legend 5
Legend 5

All I know is the catchup on Now is better than on Virgin for same channels. Now has channels I can't get on Virgin and I have channels on Virgin I can't get on here. The catchup for channels I have on Virgin but not now, doesn't show every program. Not even Iplayer does that, though they do show vast majority of their programs.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.