cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Elementary Season 4

Hi, when i started watching Elementary on Now tv in May there were 4 seasons listed and then they removed season 4!!! I have just been in live chat with no explanation!!!!

I wonder why S4 was on there and now taken off and will it be put back on??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Any licence deals will have expiry dates.  Every piece of content on Now TV (and similar services, come to that) will expire at some point.  The expiry dates will have been built in from the start, but will only display on the website after there's 30 days remaining.

As SeeMoreDigital said, it comes down to money.  Newer content is more expensive and is therefore available for a shorter time.  That's why Season 4 expired but S1-3 have not yet.  S1-3 are cheaper.

Nothing unusual has happened for S4 to leave.  It was always intended to.  But it will no doubt return before too long as a full boxset with a longer expiry date.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Season 4 was the latest season, so each episode would have been on 30-day catch up (much like iPlayer).

It should return as a boxset at some point.  Possibly soon before the next season starts.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM

I hear they are making/filming season 5 which is excellent.

It's just annoying that Now tv had season 4 with all it's episodes along with the other 3 seasons and then it just vanished. I did not start watching Elementary until recently so would have not been able to watch it on catch up/demand 😞

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's just annoying that Now tv had season 4 with all it's episodes along with the other 3 seasons and then it just vanished. I did not start watching Elementary until recently so would have not been able to watch it on catch up/demand 😞

Hi @Anonymous User

As with anything it all comes down to money, ie: pre-arranged agreements with the series copyright holders... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks SeeMoreDigital.

They must have made a deal for it to be on Now tv but something must have happened for them to take it off?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Any licence deals will have expiry dates.  Every piece of content on Now TV (and similar services, come to that) will expire at some point.  The expiry dates will have been built in from the start, but will only display on the website after there's 30 days remaining.

As SeeMoreDigital said, it comes down to money.  Newer content is more expensive and is therefore available for a shorter time.  That's why Season 4 expired but S1-3 have not yet.  S1-3 are cheaper.

Nothing unusual has happened for S4 to leave.  It was always intended to.  But it will no doubt return before too long as a full boxset with a longer expiry date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Makes sense now! Just glad i was not seeing things lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Season 4 of Elementary started on Sky Living last night, but when I went to watch it just now, it says there's only 3 seasons available. Can anyone tell me why please?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

welcome to the forum.

Elementary S4 won't be added as catch-up because they are repeats. The series first aired later 2015/early 2016 and it's when they are first aired that they get added as catch-up. It's likely the whole S4 may appear as a boxset at some point, but in the meantime if you want to watch you will need to catch it live.

When the new season 5 of Elementary starts in November that will appear as catch-up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah yes, I have seen Season 4! I thought it was the most recent season! I shall look forward to season 5! Thank you for your help!