cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Elementary Season 4

Hi, when i started watching Elementary on Now tv in May there were 4 seasons listed and then they removed season 4!!! I have just been in live chat with no explanation!!!!

I wonder why S4 was on there and now taken off and will it be put back on??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Any licence deals will have expiry dates.  Every piece of content on Now TV (and similar services, come to that) will expire at some point.  The expiry dates will have been built in from the start, but will only display on the website after there's 30 days remaining.

As SeeMoreDigital said, it comes down to money.  Newer content is more expensive and is therefore available for a shorter time.  That's why Season 4 expired but S1-3 have not yet.  S1-3 are cheaper.

Nothing unusual has happened for S4 to leave.  It was always intended to.  But it will no doubt return before too long as a full boxset with a longer expiry date.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A while back I started watching Elementary, totally hooked, I progressed through seasons 1-4. I sat down last night to start on season 5 and guess what? It starts at episode 7! What's going on?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The catch-up episodes from the newest season for most 'Entertainment' series usually remain on the NOW TV service arond 30 days after their UK 'live' broadcast/streamed transmission (much like they do with BBC iPlayer).

The previous episodes could re-appear at some time, either as 'live' streams and/or as 'catch-up' streams but only if a new agreement deal is negotiated with the contents copyright holders. Or before the next new series begins (if there is one)...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am unable to watch season 4 it's there but has an 18 certificate next to it I've changed my settings but still unable to watch
Goes from season 3 then 5 why
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Season 1-3 boxsets were added separately from season 4, which was only available for a shorter time and left the service a fortnight ago. Unfortunately you'll need to wait for them to be added as boxset again at a later date.

Episodes of S5 are still there as that is the latest season, so catch-up episodes are available to watch for 30 days after transmission.

Keep an eye on the blog which has a coming soon post each month

http://watch.nowtv.com/blog

and on this thread which lists new boxsets when they appear

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Boxset-Information/m-p/406610#M25455

For more info on how content works on NOW TV see the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-m-looking-for

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can you let me know when season 4 will be available to watch?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! I've watched elementary seasons 1-3 but season 4 is not there. There's 1,2,3 & 5 available. Does anyone know if/when season 4 is available? It doesn't make sense for them to have 5 and not 4. I was really enjoying it 😩

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We have raised this to our content management team to see if this should be available or not.

Cheers

Eddie

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

You can always keep an eye on this thread:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/td-p/300513/page/2

It is regularly updated with the latest box sets added. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂