cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

EPG crashing on Fox before 7am

So, I'm trying to get to Nick Jr at about 6.40am, and on passing Fox in the EPG (either the main Watch Live screen or the Search and Scan banner), it bombs out to the main screen.

Happened for a few days now, on two different TVs and boxes.

Here's a video of it happening: https://youtu.be/evCcre1W7qI

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Bill

I have often watched and enjoyed your YouTube videos, in fact it was your videos about the white Now TV box that enabled me to understand, buy and install Plex on my machine and since then I have never looked back.

Not only that, I believe that your videos about both the white and black Now TV boxes are the most accurate on YouTube, I have noticed glaring errors in other YouTube videos about the boxes, for example one of the other videos claimed the white box had a headphone socket (caused I guess by lack of testing or even basic research).

Finally, sorry for the problem you are experiencing but please keep up the good work on those YouTube videos you produce.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My guess would be a corrupt or missing image in the EPG data. Unfortunately the Brightscript (the code used for Rokus) is pretty bad at exception handling and you need to put in every scenario that might ever happen to protect against random crashes.

As the TV guide api call only returns now/next it makes it tricky to debug until tomorrow morning.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I understand, there are shopping channels broadcast on Fox prior to 08:00 hours. The actual Fox service does not commence until 08:00. Whether this is the same on the Now TV streaming service I don't know. But this might explain why the service crashes Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Indeed it is teleshopping, but that shouldn't explain for stopping you
watching other channels.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm pretty sure if you move to the Next column before reaching Fox you should be able to skip past it. If it's the bug I'm expecting there are two fixes. The first is to ensure that an image is included with the show, the second that the app double checks in case it's missing. It's more likely that the first will be done as the second requires code changes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital@ukbobboy

As @Anonymous User mentioned the error is due to a missing image, we have reported it to our tech teams.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still giving problems as of this morning. Will keep checking.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User this morning at 7.10 is was able to get past FOX by moving to the Next column first. Turns out the bug is that there was no synopsis for the teleshopping and it causes the app to crash. I've been informed it should be fixed for the morning. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds good, thanks @Anonymous User - I'll report back tomorrow 🙂