cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: discovery channel

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes it's a official all Discovery Channels leaving from 1st February and if most people want to double check go to Sky Community Forum to see.

Not exactly official. Discovery say unless Sky pay more they won't stay, Sky are saying they won't pay anymore and will let the channels leave. Just last minute negotiations spilling out in to the public.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Changes to your NOW TV Entertainment Channels

For more information on this topic please see our Help Article here*

As soon as we receive more information we'll update this article and the thread.

*Update: Please see this post here for an update.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

ClockEnd
Expert 2

Re: Changes to your NOW TV Entertainment Channels

I guess that if you really want Discovery there is always TV Player Plus on Amazon Fire Sticks.  Free trial for a month then £5.99/month.  The whole dispute may have blown over by then.

Interesting to see this development.   Discovery/Eurosport are making a pretty bold step.  Will be interesting to see how determined they are given that the bulk of their UK income most likely comes from their Sky agreement.   ITV seem to be developing their paywall with Box Office on the way.   I suspect the big Virgin/Sky bundles will soon disintegrate and there will be numerous packages from varied media companies.  Sadly if it goes the way of sport, it will mean three or four subscriptions instead of one ;-(

0 Thanks
Highlighted
GaryL
Expert 2

I'd rather have nat geo than discovery definitely not the history channel.  Maybe syfy.

devonruss66
Mentor

Nat Geo would be good to have instead of disovery

ClockEnd
Expert 2

I'd rather they used the money saved to keep box sets like GoT, Walking Dead, Westworld etc. permanently on.  

I would have thought that Discovery/Eurosport would have had a hub like Netflix/HBONow for all of their channels before taking this action.  Well a better one than TV Player.

0 Thanks
BicBasher
Elite

@ClockEnd wrote:

I would have thought that Discovery/Eurosport would have had a hub like Netflix/HBONow for all of their channels before taking this action.  Well a better one than TV Player.

@ClockEnd Eurosport have their own player, which is currently £5.99 for a day pass or 12 months for £19.99 (£59.99 from Feb 1). I believe you can cast from it too?

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, NVidia Shield 2017 using Chromecast Built-in, Sony Xperia E5 (Android Marshmallow), Fire Tablet (2017 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.

0 Thanks

DISCOVERY REMOVAL

Hi now that the discovery channel is being removed can we please add the hallmark channel to now tv.

that would complete my viewing

4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: DISCOVERY REMOVAL

Do you mean Universal? @kevinspearson1

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: discovery channel

It does seem a bit like discovery are to an extent cutting off their nose to spite face. If course even if Sky do come to deal, no guarantee price will enable it to stay here.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...