cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disappearing episodes...

Hi, 

We cancelled our Sky subscription last month as Now TV appeared to offer all the kids programmes we need. However, we've noticed that episodes of Blaze & The Monster Machines keep disappearing!

Today we logged on to find the first 4 episodes of season 1 have gone! And about a week ago there were 3 episodes from season 2 available but they're also missing now.

What is going on? This is my boys' favourite show and we are really disappointed about this. Kind of wishing we had kept our Sky sub so we could access all the episoded recorded on the box that are now inaccessible.

Is content supposed to come and go like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User,

@Anonymous User It's kind of both! We have Box Sets (or Movies) which tend to stay on the service for a long time, as well as Catch Up which may have a smaller window of availability. Please Click Here for more information on this.

All content is only available for a certain amount of time. This is the same on all streaming services, due to rights agreements with the studios. The length of time is different for each movie, show, or episodes.

In this particular instance, unfortunately our rights for the Peppa Pig Season 1 Box Set have expired for now. 😞 We will still be getting Catch Up episodes for Season 2 as normal.

As for Blaze and the Monster Machines, I believe the missing episodes could be a mistake, and we're looking into rectifying this with Nickelodeon.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can use @Anonymous User ’s mighty effort to find out what’s supposed to be on NowTV on what dates:-

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

According to this, both seasons of Blaze and the Monster Machines should be available 01/12/2018 to 30/09/2019, 20 episodes in each, on NickJr. Put Blaze in the Search box there to see this.

@Anonymous User ’s effort is unofficial, as he says, but this is an extract of information from the programmes index on NowTV’s servers.

What NowTV say should be there, as shown by this website, does not always correspond with what is there when you look for it, but at least you know there is an error, and you can point NowTV to that error and get them to fix it.

Hopefully by actually making the episodes available, rather that by changing the index.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I’m up to season 6 on game of thrones and it says we only have 4 days left. If I download them it’s says 30 days to watch is it true or will they be removed from my download in 4 days? 

Thanks 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It has been established by the NowTV moderators on here that downloads die at the same time as the On Demand availability ceases Smiley Sad

So get watching, quick! 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C I have also noticed that random episodes of LEGO Ninjago and almost every Scooby Doo TV show are missing for no obvious reason which is annoying especially for LEGO Ninjago which has a storyline.