cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disappearing episodes...

Hi, 

We cancelled our Sky subscription last month as Now TV appeared to offer all the kids programmes we need. However, we've noticed that episodes of Blaze & The Monster Machines keep disappearing!

Today we logged on to find the first 4 episodes of season 1 have gone! And about a week ago there were 3 episodes from season 2 available but they're also missing now.

What is going on? This is my boys' favourite show and we are really disappointed about this. Kind of wishing we had kept our Sky sub so we could access all the episoded recorded on the box that are now inaccessible.

Is content supposed to come and go like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User,

@Anonymous User It's kind of both! We have Box Sets (or Movies) which tend to stay on the service for a long time, as well as Catch Up which may have a smaller window of availability. Please Click Here for more information on this.

All content is only available for a certain amount of time. This is the same on all streaming services, due to rights agreements with the studios. The length of time is different for each movie, show, or episodes.

In this particular instance, unfortunately our rights for the Peppa Pig Season 1 Box Set have expired for now. 😞 We will still be getting Catch Up episodes for Season 2 as normal.

As for Blaze and the Monster Machines, I believe the missing episodes could be a mistake, and we're looking into rectifying this with Nickelodeon.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Content on NOW Tv doesn't stay there forever, normally there is a countdown on when the individual episodes willl get removed from the service, but I can't see this option with the Kids section. Most of Peppa Pig Series One has also gone, which my twins daughters love to watch Smiley Sad

Sadly I'll be cancelling my Kids Pass once the current one expires as there in just not enough content that my twins enjoy watching.

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Darren,

That's a real shame. I was under the impression content stayed and was regularly increased a-la Netflix. This seems more like an iPlayer model where there is a limit on availability and viewing time. 

I still have 4 months left on my kids pass, so I guess I'll see what happens over the next few months. Maybe I will ultimately have to return to Sky....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brexia, 

I think the Now TV model is a mixture of the both, some programs are just on a 30 day catch-up basis, where as others are full box sets, which last a bit longer.

With the Kids section, it would just be useful if we know how much longer we had left of a program before it was removed.

I've also not seen much new content added to the kids section, which is to my kids liking..

I was hoping for better of the Kids Section, but sadly will be looking elsewhere for kids content.

Darren

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User It's kind of both! We have Box Sets (or Movies) which tend to stay on the service for a long time, as well as Catch Up which may have a smaller window of availability. Please Click Here for more information on this.

All content is only available for a certain amount of time. This is the same on all streaming services, due to rights agreements with the studios. The length of time is different for each movie, show, or episodes.

In this particular instance, unfortunately our rights for the Peppa Pig Season 1 Box Set have expired for now. 😞 We will still be getting Catch Up episodes for Season 2 as normal.

As for Blaze and the Monster Machines, I believe the missing episodes could be a mistake, and we're looking into rectifying this with Nickelodeon.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the clarification. 

Thanks also for looking into the issue with Blaze & The Monster Machines, hopefully we'll be able to watch the missing episodes (and perhaps some newer ones too!) soon. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I started watching Mount Pleasant S1 yesterday. Started watching ep 5, then had to go out. When i got homethat ep had completely disappeared! Then i noticed ep7 had vanished aswell. So today i start to watch S2, and it goes from ep1 to ep4. I've now checked other series on my watchlist & random episodes have vanished from there too. Sort this out please.  We're paying for s service that you are NOT providing.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are recent episodes of recent new series vanishing it’s really annoying! The excuse of it’s an old series doesn’t wash with me, this has happened on a brand new series. Please explain nowtv!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason, 

When will the issue with Blaze and the monster machine be rectified? 

My son watches these on repeat through our Now Tv box  and every other day we are loosing episodes. We went from 4 pages of episodes to 1 page  and 5 episodes at the beginning of the week and today there is only 3!! 

Lately there seems to constantly be a problem. I am seriously looking at changing suppliers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it’s 2019 now and I’m wondering when this blaze and the monster machines situation will be solved? Any news on when we can expect all episodes through all seasons? I didn’t pay for the service to not get a service...