cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dexter Series 7 & 8

Have just finished Series 6, and wondered if the last 2 series will be available in the near future?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have just finished Series 6, and wondered if the last 2 series will be available in the near future?

@Anonymous User

Hi

We've had a look into this for you although at this time we are unable to confirm any dates that series 7 & 8 will be added

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi,

thanks for checking. I hope they will be shown at some point - Series 6 ended with a cliff-hanger, so i'd love to see what happens next

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very disappointed that series 7 & 8 are not available. What's the point in only showing part a box set..? Sort it out Now TV!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Series 7 is now being shown (started 21st April) - hopefully Series 8 will follow!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will series 8 be shown?
ukbobboy
Legend

@Lindzi

Hi Lindzi

Just wanted to bounce a few thoughts at you about Dexter, I actually finished watching it all a few days ago, I must admit, I did not realise I would enjoy it as much as I did. And despite the fact it drifted off it's central theme it was still a brilliant ride.

However, I was taken aback by it's ending, I was just not expecting it.  I suppose they filmed two endings and added the extra one in the hope that the show could be recommissioned, if necessary.  But it has come to a natural end and it is unlikely that anything that follows it now, such as "Harrison, son of Dexter", would be as good as the original.

You know, I would love to see a one-off feature length "Dexter" just to round out the rough edges left behind but, I guess, that is now highly unlikely.

BTW, I've watched some of the prequel animated Dexter webisodes on YouTube but they are not really long enough get my teeth into.

Later.

UK Bob

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @ukbobboy

I think that most people were not happy with the ending including the original writer (or producer can't remember) and the alternative he gave would've been better in my humble opinion.

Such a good show for the most part and I may revisit it as I watched it such a long time ago.

You can start on Six feet under now 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Th original plan was to end it after season 6 with Dexter's colleagues investigating him because the death in the final episode of 5 didn't match the MO of Trinity (they left a bit of this in with Quinn investigating).

However, because of the good ratings Showtime wanted another 2 seasons and the original showrunner got pushed or quit.

Season 7 is actually quite good but 8 is dreadful, everyone is just going through the motions.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi T

You know, I didn't think season eight was that bad it's the last episode that had me a bit flummoxed, it was just too improbable.

That's why I would like a one-off feature to round things off, in other words a more satisfying conclusion.

Mind you, most of it was a wild ride.

UK Bob