cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 not working

Hi,  if possible please could somebody confirm whether 'Demand 5' is down at the moment as i'm just getting a message 'Unable to contact server - please try again'

-

It's not a major issue, but I would just like to confirm it's down so i don't waste time trying to getting it working.

-

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, ignore me - it seems to be working again !

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
Legend 5
Legend 5
If it helps MTV were showing some lip sync battles too.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your responses was not aware of uk version watched the john legend episode on live tv and watched christmas special on catch up seemed strange just dropped off suddenly

Geluk
Expert 2

No 5HD for Freeview viewers:

As only Freesat viewers enjoys C5 in HD, and excludes Freeview, how about NOWTV adding as streaming option?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Up to viacom.. not now TV If viacom say no then its a no... and the demand5 app remains catch up only on Roku devices...

The Demand5 app shares the same frame work as BBC iplayer on many devices just older (they were the only channel who agreed to do that before viacom took them over ) so Viacom would only have to agree to share the BBC live stream tech via their own app but that will only Be SD... IPTV Live from BBC ITV CH4 remains SD when live for a lot of devices...

As the BBC HTML5 beta player increases in quality the frame work for live streaming on other devices could mirror the BBC live feed from the beta HTML5 H264 video and AAC 2.0 audio...

Not Up to Upto NowTV up to Channel5 owners to agree... but as no other IPTV demand 5 app on HDTV class devices has it yet it could be years off... 

PS All Dish users View All channel 5 channels content in HD not just freesat, as do all VM, BT, TT users with a Free TV box from those providers... and those last 3 don't require a dish... 

They can also PVR the content...  as the boses are PVR's normaly...

mark_suff
Expert

C5 HD is NOT currently available on freesat, only to full Sky package and Virgin Media subscribers, this could be changing soon though as a channel (7750) has been testing on the same transponder as Channel 5, 5 USA, 5*, currently it's encrypted but lots of speculation Viacom could be going to use this channel to make 5HD FTA.   

Mark.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mark_suff @Anonymous User @Geluk

Also bear in mind that Ofcom is currently conducting another channel availability review and the word is that Channel 5 could have public service broadcaster status forced upon them as a result of regulatory review, which means it would then be almost impossible for them to get out of making Channel 5 HD available on Free To Air. This might happen because the powers that be are annoyed with them, because they have turned down a subsidised freeview HD slot 3 times already. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freesat users can get Channel 5 HD pay up the admin fee.. and it unlocks with the UK card... 

Manual frequency programming is required if you don't use sky equipment but your own...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User again you keep confusing Freesat from Sky (old boxes with viewing cards) from Freesat.

No one with "Freesat" can currently get 5HD.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would seem that Sky are still offering their FREESAT from Sky service. But it's a pretty pricey way of obtaining a 'free-to-view' satellite TV service.

And as far as I'm aware, even after paying £15.00 for a viewing card you still don't get Channel 5 in HD...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital 25 quid for the viewing card now, but it does unlock Channel 5 HD

Channel 4 HD,  BBC HD channels and ITV HD are available without subscription. Channel 4 HD and Channel 5 require a viewing card. ITV1 HD is only available in England and Wales.