cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Curious about release scheduiles

I confess to being a bit of a DC fan, so shows like The Flash, Arrow and, more recently, Supergirl were the real draw that got me interested in signing up. The latter especially since, as far as I am aware, Supergirl is not available anywhere else at the moment.

Now, there seems to be a gap between when the show is aired on TV and when it is made available online. Thanks to Google I can find out when which episodes aired when, and it seems that Now TV is at least one episode behind currently. That's fine, but I am curious as to the average wait between broadcast and availability online. It would help me plan my viewing better, so I don't miss out on any new episodes of my favourite shows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Episodes are added to catch-up within 24 hours of the episode airing live on the relevant UK channel, although they are often up the same evening.

We are not behind on any episodes at the moment, the dates you are looking up are probably the US transmission dates, but with NOW TV it's 24 hours from when the show airs live on the UK channel, ie. sky 1 for the DC shows.

The shows are all on the midseason break at the mo and Sky haven't confirmed yet the exact date they will return, but it's sometime in February for Arrow, The Flash and new show Legends of Tomorrow, and February or March for Supergirl.

I'm a big fan of the shows as well so like you am eagerly awaiting their return! 😉

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Episodes are added to catch-up within 24 hours of the episode airing live on the relevant UK channel, although they are often up the same evening.

We are not behind on any episodes at the moment, the dates you are looking up are probably the US transmission dates, but with NOW TV it's 24 hours from when the show airs live on the UK channel, ie. sky 1 for the DC shows.

The shows are all on the midseason break at the mo and Sky haven't confirmed yet the exact date they will return, but it's sometime in February for Arrow, The Flash and new show Legends of Tomorrow, and February or March for Supergirl.

I'm a big fan of the shows as well so like you am eagerly awaiting their return! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the swift reply. Yes, I was indeed looking at the US release schedule it seems, but it's nice to know when the releases come out so I can plan ahead. I don't suppose there's an online TV listing for Sky One is there?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky's Never Miss service is useful for keeping track of shows: http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

You'll be sent reminders when series start and usually when 'part 2' of seasons start.

Otherwise I use http://www.locatetv.com/ for keeping track of shows too.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There's also

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

The URL above is the main source I use for the television information topic . To see the latest update in the topic, go to the last page in the topic and scroll down to the bottom. Smiley Wink 

I bet you didn't know the topic was there did you Smiley Wink

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did actually look at that post, but it's quite an exhaustive list and only states when a show would start on TV, and not necessarily when it would be available for viewing on the site. I couldn't find a date for Supergirl, but that's apparently because it hasn't actually been announced yet. It's just listed as 'sometime in March'. I'm hoping for early March, since it left on a cliffhanger.

Still, thanks for your patience guys. I'm sure this stuff gets asked pretty frequently, and I know how dull it can get after a while!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know it can be frustrating. I've been waiting for Gotham to return for months and it's finally back! Next I'm waiting for Poldark to make his return. Keep your eyes peeled as you may see an advert one day saying when it's back. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
mark_suff
Expert

AS already said US dates are different from here, they have lots of breaks for various things. The Flash & Arrow both return in Feb, which is also when DC's Legends of tomorrow starts, Supergirl returns in March.  If you're interested Marvel's Agents of Shield is back on E4 sundays 9pm, and Gotham: Rise of the villains has just restarted on Channel 5, mon 10pm, so plenty to watch whilst we wait.

Mark.