cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for the entertainment package when I had 3 months free

Can you tell me why I have been charged for the entetainment package on the 9th September 20 17when I applied the code for the 3 months free on 26th August 2017

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a couple of boxes from Argos (as they were half price) on 23/8 with the 3mth entertainment pass ... that's on my credit card.  They did ask on chat where I got them from, and I passed this onto them.  

When I applied the voucher it said it had worked fine and I was paid up till the end of November.  I'll be hanging onto the next voucher I use!  

I also pointed the online chat at this thread and said it obviously wasn't an isolated incident.  

I've been a NowTV customer for years, and been using vouchers from day 1, and this is the 1st time it has happened.  I wonder how many other people are affected and have just haven't checked their credit card statements!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought a couple of boxes from Argos (as they were half price) on 23/8 with the 3mth entertainment pass ... that's on my credit card.  They did ask on chat where I got them from, and I passed this onto them.  

When I applied the voucher it said it had worked fine and I was paid up till the end of November.  I'll be hanging onto the next voucher I use!  

I also pointed the online chat at this thread and said it obviously wasn't an isolated incident.  

Sounds like my situation is fairly similar to your own. In my case I can see on my credit card that I bought the pass in Currys on 15/8, but doesn't really serve as proof of purchase.

The detective in me wouldn't be surprised if this problem is linked to the price increase from £6.99 a month to £7.99 a month - perhaps they've accidently wiped passes?

Anyway, my email correspondence continues...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck with that!  I signed up for a free 14 day trial for kids tv and have been charged.  I spent an hour on live chat, eventually got my refund but they've cancelled my pass immediately.  I've only had it for 2 days, bloody con merchants if you ask me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently corresponding my email but I have been given options that I don't understand. I've replied pointing out this is NowTV's fault to rectify and all I want is a refund of my £7.99 and the 3 month pass re-activating to run as it was from 30th August. What's so hard? I gave them the pass code, which they said was unused but I know this is bollux because it had been activated on my account until NowTV decided to delete it and charge me. Why is he customer service so dire?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update: now informed via email that £7.99 refunded to me and a new 3 month pass code supplied. I input the code but it doesn't become active until 30/09/17 so I've had to reply again querying if I am covered now until the pass starts! Not very clear correspondence at all from the Now TV monkeys.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you visit the 'My passes' area of your 'My account' and click in the little orange drop-down arrow within the 'Entertainment' area, what 'Offer ends on' date do you currently see? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It states 29/12/17 but starting from 30/9/17. There is no mention of the current period 30/08/17 to 29/09/17.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you take a screen grab of what you're seeing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am beginning to think that the Now TV customer service staff and moderators of this forum are children who cannot answer a simple query. Netflix is looking promising.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a point of principle rather than the financial hit which drives me to continue to pursue this. A company should not be able to simply 'forget' the services a customer has paid for, and not attempt fully rectify the problem.

There is a clear issue affecting several customers and the support staff I've spoken to seem unwilling to investigate it further or escalate to someone who can.

@Anonymous User You've done better than me. I've managed to have the £7.99 refunded with no disruption to service (so I'm assuming I'll have the entertainment package until the end of September). I don't feel I'm making any progress getting my other two months restored.