cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel Updates!!

When are we going to see some channel additions! SYFY has been added, but there are more that could be! Come on NOW TV / SKY whatever brand you choose to use! Lets have value for money please. The same streams are being used for additional services offered by the "parent" company so it is not much of a leap to include the likes of Universal, etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree universal channel and a few more docs would be great
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doubt if we will see this anytime soon though now tv seems to be a bit slow at updates. That been said I do love the service
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think we can necessarily blame Sky wholly for this. The channels, such as Universal, may not be prepared to put their service on NowTV, especially as in some cases they will have deals in place with a competitor's platform for their channel(s). It's not always in the hands of Sky as to what channels they can add.

Another thing to bear in mind is how much sense it might make in Sky's view as to their plans for this service. It could be argued that the more channels they put on NowTV for what is a bargain price the more they could lose out in terms of subscribers to the main Sky service. Of course they could add more channels here but then have to put up the price of our subs. Again, how might that affect take up of NowTV when one of its big selling points is the entry level price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think we need to put things into perspective a little. 

I agree that channels like Universal do have a big say where their streams are watched. But likewise they sell advertising based on the numbers of people that can watch their channel. While advertising revenues are apparently dwindling, subscriptions become necessary.

Technology is moving at such a pace, that the future of TV may not belong in the sky. Satellites are expensive, and with data transfer rates increaasing all the time, I think we will see a day when all channels are streamed. 

The question is this, would we pay a similar subscription charge for the same service as offered by Sky? They may be a market for it.... As for apportioning blame... Sky could pass on a better share of revenues to the channels concerned, rather than squeezing them for every penny, so that they can fund the Premier League.