cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing the entertainment Kids package

Money Grabbing exercise - changing the entertainment Kids package

I will be cancelling once my existing passes come to an end , and going back to netflix.

Your thoughts ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

there is already a better thread than mine open on this subject

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Pass-Changes-We-are-losing-3-channels/td-p...

Lets continue this discussion over there.

regards

Unhappy sky customer

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Over the top reaction would be my thoughts 🙂

£3 for 6 kid channels is a good deal, if you have an entertainment pass they appear to be softening the blow with free passes so you aren't out of pocket if you have prepaid for a number of months.

Legend 5
Legend 5

My thoughts are I rarely have the kids channels on.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

My thoughts are that kids content shouldn't be forced on everybody , which is pretty much how it was before. Now TV are only doing what other providers do with BT and talk talk, you don't get kids channels with the base package. Those that don't want kids content shouldn't have to pay for it, and those that do want it should pay its as simple as that. 

I do appreciate that some people aren't happy with what is in effect of price rise, but if you take a step back and think about it was it right to expect those that don't have kids to pay the kids content? I do think a lot of people have overreacted . Given that there will be a lot more kids content available

This is one of those situations where you're damned if you do and damned if you don'tSmiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't agree with the other people paying for the kids packages line.  There are channel I don't watch currently but don't feel that I'm paying for other peoples' content.

Bottom line three channels taken away and one poor channel added with no price adjustment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have kids but would like more channels except we get National Geographic?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.

I would agree with you about paying for other peoples Kids packages - if they were to drop the main price, which they dont appear to be (at least from what i have seen, i could be wrong, i will go back and check later) but in effect its brought the total "package"  cost to nearly £10 + £10 for films + whatever for sports (and while i agree the film package is slightly better than others - i still dont think the "total package" cost is worth 3X the competitions. + Netflix and amazon "sector off" the kids stuff - surely with skys resources they could do somrthing smarter - mind you increasing your revenue some would argue is the smartest thing. 

Either way im not particulary happy about another price increase in a few months time.

nickmorc
Expert 2

How come, some people are getting an email saying they can have a 4 months free kids pass and other have not ( I am on a 5 month pass and not received anything )

Now whislt we dont use the current kids channels, we are are having the family over for the summer holidays with their kiddy winks and I would have used the kids channels then.

Does seem a bit unfair if you have purchased a pass for several months that advertise the channels then they are taken away.

I have been a long time supporter of Now Tv and this is the first time that I have thought, something is a little bit naughty here.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@nickmorc wrote:

How come, some people are getting an email saying they can have a 4 months free kids pass and other have not ( I am on a 5 month pass and not received anything )

Now whislt we dont use the current kids channels, we are are having the family over for the summer holidays with their kiddy winks and I would have used the kids channels then.

Does seem a bit unfair if you have purchased a pass for several months that advertise the channels then they are taken away.

I have been a long time supporter of Now Tv and this is the first time that I have thought, something is a little bit naughty here.

Just double checked my pass and it runs untill the end of September.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc wrote:

yep! ... I've received nothing either! 😔