Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancellation

I would like to cancel my now tv  subscription but can't seem to do it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had 2 passes, one for £9.99 pr month which I have just cancelled through my account, but another one for £6.99 for month which I think was set up on the back of a free trial via a McDonalds voucher, so please can you tell me how to cancel this also, as it isn't listed under My Passes?

Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The £6.99 trial sounds like it was for the 'Entertainment' service (the £9.99 trial was for the Cinema service).

In order the cancel the 'Entertainment' service you will need to perform the same cancellation procedure as you did for the 'Cinema' service. But first you will eed to select 'Entertainment' in your account 😉

I hope that makes sense?!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're not seeing the Entertainment Pass under "my passes" when you log in it's possible you set this up under a different account.

Have a look at the emails you go from McDonalds and check all your email accounts for confirmation emails for the Entertainment pass - this should give you the correct account.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can somebody help with a account that i cancelled months ago but still taking money! WHY?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

After officially cancelling your subscription or subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), you will have been sent a confirmation email or emails.

This being the case, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I cancelled my monthly subscrition 2 months ago, checking my bank statement you are still taking my payments,

I used the process as described on this website.

Can someone please explain why the payments are still going out?

regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this relates to an account query you would be best speaking with the live chat team so that they can confirm your details and then help you out with the issue. Live chat is available in the link on the post above.

CHeers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why are you guys making it so hard to quit?

your online tv is ###### and making it hard to quit and get rid of you makes you even worse

you're like crack cocaine

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

why are you guys making it so hard to quit?

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone. The official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account. It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

Cancellations.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) and free-trials, run for their full duration, even if they are officially cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not officially cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you can submit your voucher pass whenever the green 'Apply a voucher' link becomes visible (via the 'My passes' area of your account). The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a 'Payment PIN' code on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done officially and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account (or accounts if you have them)!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. I want to cancel entairtainment from PC but whe I log into my account the button that shows is BUY!!!!