cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

hi, i want a smart tv but do i need the Nowtv box to watch, or can i watch through an App, OR does the tv have to have NOWTV built in??

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi, i want a smart tv but do i need the Nowtv box to watch, or can i watch through an App, OR does the tv have to have NOWTV built in??

@Anonymous User

The only smart TV's that offer the NowTV app are a number of LG smart TVs only.

To watch NowTV on another brand television you have to use one of the supported devices on the list below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Legend 5
Legend 5

The LG TVs have Now, Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer and Demand 5.
The Now box has Now, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, 4OD and ITV Hub
Amazon Fire Box/Stick has Amazon, Netflix, BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, Demand 5, UKTV player and TVplayer (including plus).
What you choose would depend on what you like to watch. Or like me you could have all three.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new LG TV's will have access to Freeview Play. You would have access to Now TV, Amazon, Netflix, Google Play Movies, TalkTalk TV, Wuaki as well as BBC iPlayer, All 4, My5, ITV Hub and UKTV Play through the Freeview Play service.

The new LG TV's will offer the most comprehensive selection of apps and are the only TV's where you can access NOW TV

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The new LG TV's will have access to Freeview Play. You would have access to Now TV, Amazon, Netflix, Google Play Movies, TalkTalk TV, Wuaki as well as BBC iPlayer, All 4, My5, ITV Hub and UKTV Play through the Freeview Play service.

The new LG TV's will offer the most comprehensive selection of apps and are the only TV's where you can access NOW TV

Indeed... The inclusion of Freeview Play will make LG's new range of 'smart' TV's the most fully featured televisions available within the UK.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the OLED65B6 😉