cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box sets/sky go + now tv?

i wonder if other now tv users would appreciate things if now tv could negotiate a box set pass or sky go pass options without need of a conventional sky tv package?

sky have the rights to complete box sets. But now tv sometimes let us down by not making full series available even when being broadcast. For example, the blacklist, which stopped being available on now tv catch up early on into season 3, but to which sky have rights to the full and complete seasons 1,2 and 3.

a conventional sky tv package is too expensive when all you want is the box sets and sky go. I do not have a television. I use my laptop and tablet to watch tv. Internet streaming is more reliable than satellite tv in my area. Therefore i do not need a tv and set top box. But sky forces this upon us. 

Sky and now tv are extremely closely allied, now tv only include content provided by Sky, and refuse it from any other sources, including even those who work with Sky. Surely it would not be too much to ask for a box set and/or sky go pass options?

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky go used to be available as stand alone service. However was £15 a month. I believe that it is no longer available as a separate service. I considered it before I got Now, as had more channels. However, as I wanted to watch on my TV it wasn't clear if I could play on laptop and use TV as a screen via VGA (my laptop doesn't have HDMI).

I do wonder however with the future launch of the new box with free view capabilities, whether Now will launch tiered services giving more TV channels and content.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The deal Sky signs for the boxsets and catchup require live TV to be included. It was one of the sticking points with YouView when they blocked live TV, and why not all movies are available.