cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blind spot season 2 episode 2

Blind spot started last Thursday and I've gone to watch it and it's not on the box yet in the to listings it said it was on at 9 yet can't find it? What's going on? Not good enough
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jason-C and thanks for getting back to us.

Please, look at it this way...We have sections for:

"Featured".

"Most Popular"

"Recently Added" and

"Catch Up"

Now, if you want to find something on "Catch Up", let's just continue and stick with "Nashville", then you know that it airs "Live" at 10.00PM on a Thursday.  This is how the thread started as @Anonymous User couldn't find "Blindspot" when she knew that it had aired. If you know that, then the obvious place to find "Nashville" is, sometime after 11.00PM on Thursday, on "Catch Up".

OK, so maybe you've gone to bed and you want to watch "Nashville" on Friday evening...The first place you would go is "Catch Up" and what you would expect to find would be programmes that have been added between 11.00PM on Thursday and, lets say, 8.00PM on Friday. You would then happily scroll down a few lines until you found "Nashville" and watch it...Simple and that's how it used to be.

What we are finding is that, if you stay up until 11.00PM on Thursday to watch "Nashville" then, yes, it has gone into "Catch up" but has gone in way down the page and other programmes that have been in there for longer are still above it.  As @Anonymous User rightly says, that just is not logical, therefore your question of:

"How would you find your preferred shows on that list before? Would you just check it at the time you expect the show to be available?"   Is simply...Yes because that is the way that it use to, and should still, work.

"Featured" is a list which is totally at your discretion at Now TV, I accept that...."Most Popular" is a section that you can monitor and is a good place to highlight shows when:

"What we've found is that most customers don't tend to use these kinds of sections unless they contain content they want to watch in the first few visible spaces. So with that in mind, we surface specific episodes because we know what people are more likely to be looking for."

"Catch Up" is a section where the clue is in the title....Now TV Customers can "Catch Up" on the LATEST  episodes of shows...Whatever that show is.

This "Tinkering" with things that aren't broken is getting a bit frustrating..."Watchlist", "Continue Watching" and now "Catch Up". Smiley Sad

Sorry about the long post, I'm not ranting (Honest!) but please, use the sections for what they are designed for, we don't need to be force fed.

Thanks again for your time and the updates on "Blindspot", Jason, it's much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Thanks @Anonymous User, I always appreciate your honest posts!

The description of how you'd find Nashville there, seems like more of a hassle than most people are willing to go through? It relies on knowing the day/time the catch up will be available, knowing the right section to go to, and scrolling through until you can identify the show.

Imagine how much quicker it'd be if Nashville was at the top of that list! Or, if it's on your Watchlist, you can check there anytime... Or, if you've watched the earlier episodes, it'll be in Continue Watching* once it's live...

I'm being slightly facetious. 🙂 But I hope the point I'm making is clear. Although it's a slight change to how you personally searched for content in the past, for the majority we're making it easier to reach the content they want. We have the data to back it up too, so we're only making tweaks like this based on evidence.

That said, the last thing we want to do is make it more difficult for anyone, and I'll let the teams know your concerns. Be prepared though - NOW TV are constantly trying to improve for everyone, so you may see things "tinkered" with some more! You can trust us when we say we're doing this to help rather than hinder.

We do have more features coming in the future too, so hopefully there will be even more ways to easily get to the shows you love.

Thanks,

Jason

*The bugs you've run into previously notwithstanding...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Jason-C

I don't want to sound all "Warm and Fuzzy" but you never seem to fail, in actually getting back to us (Like I say, you're my "Go-To-Guy" Smiley Wink ) and it really is appreciated. Smiley Happy

I totally agree that the way I have described finding a programme, when I have been watching the series, Is  a hassle but it is one that has been forced on me since the "Watchlist" and "Continue Watching" sections are even more of one.

Thanks for realising that these sections do not work for me and others and I know that you passed on our niggles about them, both months ago and earlier this week, to the "Tech Team" but that is precisely why I use "Catch Up"...I resorted, some time ago, to a scrap of paper and a pen to know when the air time and date of a particular programme, actually is, as more often than not, they do not go into "Continue Watching" or just disappear from there.  For that reason alone, "Catch Up" is important to me and others but it is the...shall we say..."imposition" of a programme which should be in another section, which is spoiling the "Catch Up" section.

As you realise (The phrase "Cheeky Monkey" springs to mind Smiley LOL) I don't expect "My" programmes to be at the top of every list but I do expect each section to work...Now TV doesn't come with instructions, it's a case of trial and error or ask somebody for help on here.  That's why it should be kept simple and any changes should be logical.

As much of a "Luddite" as I sound, I really do look forward to future improvements and if you look at other threads, you will know that I have bought into Now TV for the next 12 months...So it's not that bad, is it? Smiley Happy

Anyway, thanks again for your reply but I'm afraid that I still don't like the new "Catch Up"

All the best! Smiley Happy

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User

12 months? I look forward to seeing more of your observations then! 😄

I personally enjoy being engaged on our lovely forum, as I find we can get some great constructive feedback from the people who post here. You may not see me every day, but I like to keep an eye on things.

Our hard-working customer support teams do an amazing job, but don't always have the capacity to carry out a full back-and-forth conversation on here, as they're often busy helping many people via email, live chat etc. fixing individual issues!

Legends of Tomorrow S2 Ep 4 is now on the service.

Blindspot S2 Ep 2 should be available soon.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jason-C wrote: "The description of how you'd find Nashville there, seems like more of a hassle than most people are willing to go through? It relies on knowing the day/time the catch up will be available, knowing the right section to go to, and scrolling through until you can identify the show.

Imagine how much quicker it'd be if Nashville was at the top of that list! Or, if it's on your Watchlist, you can check there anytime... Or, if you've watched the earlier episodes, it'll be in Continue Watching* once it's live...

I'm being slightly facetious."

More than slightly facetious.

Point 1: It would be very nice if, in my Contine Watching and/or Watchlist it showed when a new episode is available and links to it. But it doesn't. Continue Watching just shows the last episode I watched. The Watchlist just shows links to the start pages of the series - not even the current season if earlier seasons are currently available too. So that means either (i) go to My TV, Continue Watching, find the last episode I've already seen of what i'm wanting to see if there's a new episode up yet, click on it, wait for the Silverlight start up. getting license and episode load (of the last episode I've already seen) to only then be able to close the Silverlight window, then look at the bottom to see if there is actually a new episode; or (ii) Go to My TV, switch to Watchlist (as it opens on continue watching), find and click on the series, choose the season drop down and click the current season if earlier ones are availablle too, then look to see if there is a new episode past the one I last saw (plus I may well have to hover over the last episode shown, read the very skimpy episode description and see if I recognize it as being the last episode I saw or not if I don't happen to remember what number episode in the season a new episode would be).

You have to be kidding if you think that is any acceptable way to look for a new episode. This last week since you've changed how the catch up section  works, I've actually resorted to that once, but if I have to continue to do so I'll be cancelling my subscription and going to Amazon or Netflix.

Now, here's how i personally have been checking for and getting to new shows since Now TV started, and before that Sky Go, and before that whatever the first Sky streaming service was caled that I now don't remember, as all hac a catch up section sorted by m,ost recent on the left.

1 Every evening I check a TV listings magazine website (usually Radio Times) to see what i want to see that's new that day, including all the Freeview channels, plus the Now TV ones I'm interested in and subscribed for (can't have a satellite dish where I live so this is my only Sky channel access). So e.g. last night I see that on the Sky Channels the two programmes i want are Legends Of Tomorrow and Blindspot, and note when they are on - or rather past what time they are likely to appear on catch up. I fit the Now TV programmes in to watch later as (a) there's less stuff I want to see on the Freeview channels later, and (b) streaming catchup means I don't have to put up with advert breaks.

2 At some point past the time I expect them to appear (or, rather, past the time I expect the earliest of them to appear) on catchup I go to the Now TV Entertainment Highlights page (bookmarked so go straight there) scroll down to Catch up (N.B. That always used to be the top section under the banner, which was great, but more recently It cna be anywhere on the pages from being the top section to the bottom one, which is NOT great - in fact very annoying never knowing how far down the page it will be), then scroll through the short listing to see if they have appeared yet. UP TO NOW, where you have always, on Now TV, and Sky Go, and the predecessor to that, added things in order of appearance, latest on the left, scroll right to go backwards in time, i have found them very easily and clicked to go directly tothe right episode, unlike going through Watchlist/Continue watching. If they're not up yet I check back, being able to just look at the immeditaely visible Catch up entries.

3 If I can't watch them on that night, they are usualy still in that Highlights page Catch up list next day. If I have to leave it longer, then i go to the full catch up page and can look back in chronological order, already knowing roughly how far back (therefore down) I need to look.

Simple. Vey little scrolling and clicking, which is a boon to me as I'm disabled and scrolling and pointing at particular links HURTS.

Now it seems I can no longer depend on the catch up being in order.  Going via My TV Continue Watching or Watchlist is, as above, out of the question. Neither show either that a new episode is up or provide a link to it. way too much scrolling, clicking and waiting.

It appears I have to either scroll right through the Highlights shorrt catch up list with no idea where In the order what I'm looking for is liable to be, or even if it will be in that short list at all. Or I have to go to the Highlights page, scoll to find the Catch up section, click to go to the full Catch Up page (one click) and either scroll a long way around either to find it in any old place in the Most Recent oder, or often a long way down in A-Z.

Weirdly, I noticed last night that on this new system, while the full Catch up page loads showing as being sorted Most Recent but with the shows not in Most recent order (e.g. Conviction first all last night and this morning even though it was night before last), if I clicked A-Z, then Most Recent again the shows did re-sort into the actual Most Rcent order.

So, to get the catch up  list as in the old behaviour (that is by time, latest first) I have to go to the Catch up full page, click to sort A-Z, then click again back to sorting by Most Recent at which point it actually does become most recent sorted and I cna finally find what I'm looking for, or be sure it hasn't been put up yet.

This doesn't make sense. Indeed, Jason-C, your whole argument doesn't make sense. It reads more like something made up to explain away a site SNAFU to give the impression it was deliberate and not a SNAFU. For people who have no knowledge of when programmes were on for whom you want obvious, easily found links to the most popular shows ... you have that already. There's the honking big Show Off banner section at the top of the Highlights page for the shows you want to plug most, then the Most Popular section and page it links to. Catch Up is not for such people. So PLEASE KINDLY TURN THE CATCH UP SECTION OF THE HIGHLIGHTS PAGE AND THE MOST RECENT SORTING OF THE CATCH UP PAGE BACK TO MOST RECENT so those of us who do actually look through TV listings magazines have somewhere to easily find what we want. There is NO POINT in jhaving a catch up section sorted by most popular when you lready have a Most Popular.

How they were, with catch up sorted by Most Recent, things were acceptable. If My TV actually showed when new episodes appeared and linked to those episodes (not to the show page of the earliest available season) that would also be acceptable. The current state with the change to catch up sorting is NOt acceptable, and if it stays i will not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for an epic, informative, well thought out and, to be honest...Gobsmacking post.  Can I just say "Bravo!" and applaude you.

You mention that you have a disability and that a lot of "Clicking and Scrolling" is difficult, well may I just say that your post must have caused you a considerate amount of discomfort and I can only thank you for your efforts.  Please, don't think that I am being patronizing in any way as I am actually and totally, in awe.

OK, the first point that you mention and that is about @Jason-C being facetious.  To be fair to Jason, he was pulling my leg, just as I had been doing, all day with him.  The comment was aimed at me and I took it in the spirit that it was intended, as was shown by my reply to him.  Also to be fair to Jason, he took a considerable amount of time from his day to actually reply to me and inform others and that is something that you won't get from every company.  As far as I'm concerned Jason had every right to reply in a "Slightly Facetious" way as I was being a bit of a thorn in his side, whilst still trying to keep things light hearted and he was just responding in the same vein. I actually enjoyed our "Chat" and I hope that Jason did too...No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.

However I realise that a "Bit of Banter" might have been seen as something different and could be annoying, please, David, don't take it that way as it wasn't either meant or taken in that way.

On to your other points, I guess that you are watching Now TV on a computer as the hoops that you have to jump through (Silverlight etc) are not normally experienced by those of us who use the various Now TV boxes but to be honest...It sounds like a nightmare!  Is there any way that you can connect to Now TV using one of the boxes as it would, surely, be much easier for you as it would involve much less clicking.  I don't know your situation, so please forgive me, but from what you say, it might make things a little more bearable.

I can only, totally agree with your comments on "Catch Up" being a "Most Recent First" service as that's exactly what I am after too, however the way you describe it is better than my efforts.  I have tried, tonight, to take your tip on board of sorting the programmes "A to Z" and then back to "Most Recent" but, for the life of me, on my Black Box, I cannot find a way of doing that....Maybe it's a "Computer Thing" or a "Black Box Thing", I've no idea.

I have to say that your post was fascinating, informative and one which put a whole new perspective on my argument....Thank you so much and I hope that, not only do you stay with Now TV but that you also stay with us on this forum....With all due respect to the other contributors (including me) on here, posts like yours are few and far between.

Thank you and all the best, David as you, Sir, are a star. 

Take Care. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blindspot season 2 episode 2 is still missing!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still missing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Blindspot is now showing up, but not in "Catch up"...You can find Episode 2 in "Featured" on the Entertainment menu.

Happy Watching! Smiley Happy