cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blind spot season 2 episode 2

Blind spot started last Thursday and I've gone to watch it and it's not on the box yet in the to listings it said it was on at 9 yet can't find it? What's going on? Not good enough
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the board.

I just came on wondering if somebody had spotted that as it does seem strange.  "Blindspot" airs "live" at 9.00PM on thursdays, so should be added to "Catch up" sometime after 10.00PM but as yet, nothing.

Sometimes it does take a while for things to appear, so please, give it a little longer.

The funny thing is that I've thought that "Catch up" has been acting a bit strangely for a couple of weeks now, for example the first show on the list is "Conviction" which was shown last night.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a better answer but I'm waiting for it too and I promise you, it will appear.

All the best Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Legends of tomorrow is missing as well and it's shown an hour before blindspot.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're aware of a problem getting both these episodes onto the service, and we're working to resolve it. I'll try to post back here once we have more info.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks @Jason-C

As you seem to be my "Go-To-Guy" at Now TV (The Christmas Card is in the post Smiley Wink ) can you have a look at, or explain the situation with "Catch Up", please?

Last week "Westworld" was the first show on the list and stayed there for days, new episodes of other shows appeared randomly below it.  This week "Conviction" went in on Wednesday at the top of the list and, again, newer shows, for example "Nashville" appeared on Thursday, lower down.

It used to be that the latest episodes added to "Catch Up" went straight in at the top, now we seem to have to hunt for them, it's not a huge problem but it is a "niggle" when you are trying to keep up with a show.

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Everything in the Catch Up section for Entertainment will be recent episodes added. If you scroll through, you'll see it goes back quite a way! But there may be different things at the very top of the list, depending on what customers are watching.

This is so we can get people quickly to the shows they're most likely to be looking for. With that in mind, we might keep something like Westworld at the top for a while, rather than automatically bump it down for the latest Vicar of Dibley repeat, for example. 

Of course, if there's anything specifically you want to keep an eye on, we recommend adding it to your Watchlist. 🙂

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry @Jason-C but I don't get that.

"Catch up" is purely and simply, "Catch up" isn't it?  It bears no relation to my viewing habits, which is why I have programmes from "Viceland" up near the top....I've never even watched the channel, never mind one of the programmes. Other programmes that I have never watched go in and a programme that I watch every week, in this case "Nashville", appears way down the list.

As I have said, up to a few weeks ago, any new episode added, went straight in at the top, as it was added, now we have to hunt for programmes we watch.  Keeping a programme at the top of "Catch up" makes it a "Featured" programme...There is already a section for that, so why keep it at the top?  As for the "Watchlist", well you already know about the problems that is causing. Smiley Wink

To be honest, I don't care if a repeat of "Vicar of Dibley" is at the top of the list, at least I would know that the list is being updated and in that case, wouldn't mind scrolling down the page.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....If we could just have "Watch History", (or an updated version of it, "Recently Watched", for example) back then I, for one, would be much happier.

Thanks for your time, Jason.

All the bestSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

i'm totally with you, on this. Once upon a time, it was a lot easier to find programmes on catch-up, as they were listed in date/time order. Now there's no telling where your preferred programme may be on the list (we don't all have the same taste after all!)

There is already a 'Most Popular' section, so surely 'catch-up' can go back to a more logical order

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the back up, you have hit the nail on the head there.  It did used to be more logical, now it just seems like a bit of a lottery, doesn't it?

Thanks again and all the best. Smiley Happy

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User,

Welcome to the conversation! 🙂

@Anonymous User The episodes within the Catch Up section are all definitely Catch Up episodes. What we've found is that most customers don't tend to use these kinds of sections unless they contain content they want to watch in the first few visible spaces. So with that in mind, we surface specific episodes because we know what people are more likely to be looking for.

The rest of the list is still in date order, but we also find that most people don't know exactly when shows will be appearing on Catch Up, so listing by date isn't necessarily useful for those looking for a specific show...

How would you find your preferred shows on that list before? Would you just check it at the time you expect the show to be available?

Small update on Blindspot and Legends of Tomorrow: we have fixed the underlying issue and these shows should be going through within the next few hours. I'll be keeping an eye on things!

Thanks,

Jason