cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blind spot Season 1 Episode 5 missing

Evening All,

Anybody know why Episode 5 of Blindspot is missing ?

Is this the case for everybody or is it just me 😞

Thanks

Tony

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is the live chat :

Chhaya: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Chhaya. How can I help?

Me: I am fairly new to NOW TV

Me: Blindspot is the first Box set I have got into.

Me: and Episode 5 is missing

Me: very frustrating

Me: if this is a regular thing with now tv I will cancel

Chhaya: Hey Daniel, firstly welcome to NOW TV family.

Chhaya: It's strange that the content is missing.

Chhaya: Let me check .

Me: having looked on the forum I am not so sure this is so 'strange' as it seems to be coming up a lot from other people too

Chhaya: I'll just have a look .

Me: hello???

Chhaya: I agree with the fact that the episode 5 is not available.Me: ok...what can be done about it?Chhaya: I would suggest you to check the link please : https://po.st/s2bWaI

Me: that link tells me that some shows or movies will be blocked. Not certain episodes midway through a show

Chhaya: Yes that includes the episode as well.

Me: then this service is poor

Chhaya: I'm sorry if you feel that way.

Me: I would like to be put onto a supervisor straight away

Chhaya: I wish I could help you in this matter but since it depends on the rights and restriction .

Chhaya: Daniel, let me see if I can transfer your chat to my supervisor.

Me: yes please

Chhaya: Sure.

Chhaya: I'll now transfer your chat.

Me: thanks

Melissa is your new agent for the chat session.

Melissa: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Melissa. How can I help?

Me: Can you view the chat I have just had with Chhaya?

Melissa: Hi, Yea I can view the conversation you had with Chhaya.

Melissa: Please give me a minute while I go through it.

Me: ok

Melissa: Thanks for your patience.

Me: ok

Melissa: You are looking for Episode 5 which is missing .

Me: yes, that is correct. Chhaya suggested that I looked at this link https://po.st/s2bWaI which I believe is a complete fob off as the page clearly says "If a movie or show is blocked you’ll see the following message:

“We’re sorry – unfortunately rights restrictions mean that this programme is not currently available to watch on your device.”
Melissa: Please give me a minute while I check it again for you.

Me: It does not give me this message as the episode isn't even there. This very clearly is a now tv error and I would like it resolved asap or alternatively what you a going to do to stop me cancelling my subscription and telling all on social media about my wasted evening

Melissa: I'm sorry to know that you are upset about this.

Melissa: Let me check what best can be done in this case.

Me: seriously, I am really frustrated.

Melissa: I understand how it feels.

Me: why? do you watch Nowtv with missing episodes too?

Melissa: The link which Chhaya wanted to give you was this : http://help.nowtv.com/article/Slating-Rights-Restrictions

Melissa: Sometimes we’re unable to broadcast a movie or show through our TV channels due to rights restrictions.

Melissa: This means that occasionally a movie or show will be blocked on the channels.

Me: so why do I not get this copied from that link?

Me: If a movie or show is blocked you’ll see the following message:

“We’re sorry – unfortunately rights restrictions mean that this programme is not currently available to watch on your device.”

Melissa: You can click on the above link which I sent.

Me: Melissa, you are not quite understanding. I have read the link in full and it says I should get the following message (which I don't because the episode is completely missing)

Me: If a movie or show is blocked you’ll see the following message:

Melissa: Let me explain you.

Melissa: We do not have license to show this episode 5.

Melissa: So we do not have it on our list.

Me: so why show episode 1, 2, 3 & 4

Me: ??????????????

Me: at least warn me that I could be wasting my time

Melissa: We got license to broadcast it for these episodes.

Melissa: I`m sorry if you are feeling so.

Me: Are you being serious????

Me: You will advertise a box set in you best drama section knowing that you cannot show all the episodes?

Me: I can't quiet get my head round how stupid that is

Me: quite*

Melissa: Usually it does not happen, we get the whole series license.

Me: but why show a non complete series?

Me: why not advertise as "BLINDSPOT (INCOMPLETE)"

Melissa: We will try to get the series as when we get permission for the same.

Me: or do you suggest your customers check each series to make sure all the episodes are there?

Melissa: It does not happens on all series.

Me: which ones does it happen to?

Melissa: Could be this is one of cases where you are not able to view the episode 5

Me: Melissa, I have saved this conversation and will be posting to facebook and twitter. What are you going to do to compensate my time this evening after watching 4 hours worth of TV which I cannot continue with?

Melissa: I`ve given you the right information, as per right & restrictions we do not have this episode.

Me: So Now TV SHOULD NOT be showing this series.........it is incomplete

Me: whether you are giving me the right information or not it is still very poor and I have wasted my evening because of the company you work for. I would like to know what you are going to do about it?

Me: if you can't do anything about it you should pass me to your manager

Melissa: I can take your feedback and pass it to my team so we can get the licensing for the episode 5

Melissa: My manager would say the same thing.

Me: then let me speak to your manager so they can tell me the same thing for themselves

Melissa: Sure, please stay connected while I transfer the chat.

Me: please do

Hiren is your new agent for the chat session.

Hiren: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Hiren. How can I help?

Me: Hiren, can I please warn you that this chat is going to be saved and post on social media for all NOW TV Customers to see.Hiren: I'm sorry that you are not happy with us.

Hiren: Let me go through this conversation.

Me: Hiren, firstly please confirm you are Melissa's manager and that Melissa is Chhaya's manager?

Hiren: Yes, I am.

Me: and Melissa is Chhaya's manager?

Hiren: That's right.

Me: ok, so you are hopefully someone with enough authority to either

Me: a) get this problem sorted

Me: b) compensate me for wasted time

Me: correct?

Hiren: I cannot assure on this however let me see what best I can do for you.

Hiren: I have gone through the chat and I see that you want to watch the 5th episode of Blind Spot but it isn't available with us.

Me: It sounds as though you haven't got a licence for episode 5. I can almost understand that. What I cannot understand is why you wouldn't warn you customers that they could not watch the full show due to licencing issues before embarking on watching the first 4 episodes (3 hours).

Me: this is really frustrating and reflects really badly on Now TV

Hiren: I know that this is frustrating however we do notify our customers how many days are available for a particular show. For eg: If any episode or show is about to leave is after couple of days, it says - 2 days left.

Hiren: I can surely take this as a feedback though.

Me: ok, please show me where I had a warning that episode 5 was missing

Hiren: Since it isn't available now, I won't be able to show you.

Hiren: Every episode which is updated on our website has its rights and license which we get from the original broadcaster and we cannot extend the license as it is illegal to do so.

Me: this is my problem. Surely if an episode isn't available it is worth taking down the whole series to stop your customers wasting their time?

Hiren: I know that's more useful but as I said every episode has its won rights and licensing.

Me: would you like me to sell you a book with the middle 30 pages missing?

Hiren: own*

Hiren: I won't be able to read that book.

Me: and I can't view the series you are advertising

Me: so what can you do Hiren? I am a very unhappy customer

Hiren: I understand that you are not happy but I cannot do anything in this case as it is not in our hand.

Hiren: It depends only on the licensing rights.

Hiren: I can suggest you to watch other popular shows which are available with us.

Hiren: What do you like to watch apart from this?

Me: will you take down the whole series of Blindspot or will you keep frustrating your customers?

Me: Why would I start watch another popular show? I'll probably get half way through and the same thing will happen. I quite like to finish one series before starting another

Hiren: To check how many days are left for the Blindspot to expire, you can sign in to a PC and check.

Hiren: A show is available for a maximum of 28 days.

Me: Blindspot could have 3 years remaining - its still no good with an episode missing

Hiren: IT will be added once again if we get the license for it once again.

Me: if?

Me: don't you think the series should be removed until such time?

Me: Hiren?

Hiren: We keep on removing the old episodes so that we can add new ones,.

Me: the oldest episode is episode 1

Me: that's still there

Me: you have removed an episode slap bang in the middle of the series

Me: that is a bit foolish

Me: I feel you have wasted my time

Hiren: I don't know many days we got the license for the 5th episode however an episode is uploaded for at least 28 days.

Hiren: It can be less than 28 days also.

Hiren: What I can suggest you is, you can ask when will the 5th episode be uploaded on our website on our Community and they might be able to help you with the exact date as we have a separate backend team for licensing.

Me: and by then episode 6,7,8 & 9 may have expired?

Me: I got this licence for entertainment and unfortunately I just feel angry right now

Hiren: I know you are angry but I cannot do anything in this case.

Me: so will you take down the whole series to stop other people doing the same as I have?

Hiren: It will be removed automatically when the rights are expired.

Me: this is not good Hiren

Me: it seems you do not care and have poor customer service

Hiren: I know I'm not able to help you in this case. But this is something which is out of my limitations.

Me: Who hasn't got the limitations? I need help or compensation.

Me: I am already speaking to the manager of a manager....how far do I need to go up the chain?

Hiren: We cannot do anything in this case. You can watch the other shows which are available with us.

Me: no chance

Me: waste of time

Hiren: I see you are watching Ex on the beach and I would like to inform you that there is a new season coming for the same.

Me: will you have all the episodes? episode 5 on season one wouldn't work on that last night either!

Hiren: We have all the episodes for this show.

Me: well episode 5 wouldn't work....I had to go straight from 4 to 6

Hiren: Of which season?

Me: one

Me: the episode is there to click on. I just got the nowtv logo and nothing happened

Hiren: Can you try it once again?

Me: it works now because I checked today

Me: it didn't last night

Hiren: There might be some technical fault and I'm happy to know that it has worked now.

Hiren: Request you to enjoy it now.

Me: but sorry there was an issue?

Me: it seems like you must be inundated with so many customer complaints that you forget to say sorry

Hiren: We are sorry for the trouble caused to you and I know you are not happy with us but we work on the license which we get from the original broadcaster.

Hiren: The contents can be uploaded on the website depending on the license.

Hiren: We cannot extend the license or add any shows of our choice as it is illegal.

Me: but you still choose to show the rest of the episodes which are incomplete and cause stress to your customers

Hiren: They are still there because their license have not expired.

Me: but it is not illegal to take them down right?

Me: who wants to watch a series with an episode missing?

Me: TAKE IT DOWN

Me: #TAKEITDOWN

Hiren: I know it breaks the link of the show which you are watching however I request you to ask on our Community as they would be able to help you with the exact dates.

Hiren: We have a different team altogether for this. We as a first line Team cannot help you with the exact information.

Me: who is second line team?

Hiren: You can ask our Community Team.

Me: ok, thanks for no help at all Hiren.

Hiren: You're welcome.

Hiren: Apart from this, is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: you haven't helped me anyway so nothing else that you won't help me with

Hiren: I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Hiren: Have a nice evening ahead.

Hiren: Bye.

The agent has ended the chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning all,

Looks like episode 5 is back up .... thanks to all involved 😉

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Morning all,

Looks like episode 5 is back up .... thanks to all involved 😉

Indeed... 'Ep 5: Split The Law' is now visible Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a look this morning and episode 5 is listed again (on a NOW TV box).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I would just like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused to your viewing.

I can confirm that the episode is now back online for all of you to watch.

If anyone is still not seeing it please let me know and what device you're using.

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that may have been put up but now episode 6 of series 2 has been taken down. How helpful? Anyone know if you can watch series 2 on any other site?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes that may have been put up but now episode 6 of series 2 has been taken down. How helpful? Anyone know if you can watch series 2 on any other site?

Hi @Anonymous User,

Yes... I see what you mean... All the other episodes are currently available except episode 6 Smiley Surprised

Cheers