cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio description problems

Hi all, No idea why but I have started to get audio description on Sky channels. Is there anyway to disable it?

34 REPLIES 34
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Don't know if it's coincidence but a small box has appeared on the left hand corner of my screen since the audio problems began

Yeah... What is that? It's not visible on my Virgin box...

If you're talking about the rectangle on the bottom left-hand side of the screen. That is the sign that sky uses to help it identify that people are accessing their channels legitimately and that they are watching an IP stream. That's rectangle site is also used on sports channels. It's nothing to worry about.

I'm not actually getting audio description problems at the moment, not on sky one or sky living I haven't tested the other channels yet. I'm using a NowTV smart box by the way

@SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, same problem on apple tv on sky 1 and sky atlantic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happening on my Apple TV App on Sky Atlantic. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have that box too it's never been there before presumed it was something to do with the ad we're receiving. Watching Atlantic on Apple TV with bow tv app and it's rather hard to follow !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've spoken to technical support, the box doesn't support Audi description but due to the latest update it's messed up that's why we're hearing audio description and there's nothing you can do to turn it off, the support team are working to remove the update.

lockmatt
Expert 2

i also have the audio description issue and the little white box on lhs and the poor stream quality continues to be a problem on entertainment and sport channels,which only started today,i wonder if its all related?

mark_suff
Expert

I'm getting this too it's on the live Now Tv channels Sky 1, Atlantic, Living, not Sky Arts or any others, using Now Tv Smart Box. No way to switch off. Must be a glitch at their end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue too and about to watch new episode of Girls! Should be interesting...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having this problem 

Was looking forward to the new season of Shades of Blue, will have to wait until this issue is sorted now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having this problem 

Was looking forward to the new season of Shades of Blue, will have to wait until the problem is fixed now