NOW TV Essential Planned Works 27/04/2017 Affecting Broadband Click here for more info
First Poster

Re: Audio description problems

Same thing happening on my Apple TV App on Sky Atlantic. 

Elite 5

[ Edited ]

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Tez172 wrote:
...Don't know if it's coincidence but a small box has appeared on the left hand corner of my screen since the audio problems began

Yeah... What is that? It's not visible on my Virgin box...

If you're talking about the rectangle on the bottom left-hand side of the screen. That is the sign that sky uses to help it identify that people are accessing their channels legitimately and that they are watching an IP stream. That's rectangle site is also used on sports channels. It's nothing to worry about.

I'm not actually getting audio description problems at the moment, not on sky one or sky living I haven't tested the other channels yet. I'm using a NowTV smart box by the way

@SeeMoreDigital @Tez172

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution. Thanks

Click here to go to nowTVs main YouTube channel
Click here to go to the nowTV help YouTube channel
First Poster

I have that box too it's never been there before presumed it was something to do with the ad we're receiving. Watching Atlantic on Apple TV with bow tv app and it's rather hard to follow !
Helper 3

I'm getting this too it's on the live Now Tv channels Sky 1, Atlantic, Living, not Sky Arts or any others, using Now Tv Smart Box. No way to switch off. Must be a glitch at their end.
First Poster

I've spoken to technical support, the box doesn't support Audi description but due to the latest update it's messed up that's why we're hearing audio description and there's nothing you can do to turn it off, the support team are working to remove the update.

First Poster

I have this issue too and about to watch new episode of Girls! Should be interesting...
Contributor 4

i also have the audio description issue and the little white box on lhs and the poor stream quality continues to be a problem on entertainment and sport channels,which only started today,i wonder if its all related?

Occasional Poster

I'm also having this problem 

Was looking forward to the new season of Shades of Blue, will have to wait until this issue is sorted now

Highlighted
Occasional Poster

I'm also having this problem 

Was looking forward to the new season of Shades of Blue, will have to wait until the problem is fixed now

First Poster

Audio Description

Tonight's episode of Girls on Sky Atlantic had audio description on and I have no idea how to switch it off! What's going on?

Same on Sky 1 and Sky Living.