cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apps deleting and returning? Youtube

Hi All

Only had my black NOW TV box for a few weeks and getting annoyed with strange App activity, please help.

When i got the box i set about deleting the apps i dont need, such as a ufo/aliens apps and anime apps and several more. All good at the start, i also installed Youtube which i use a LOT as i have a channel and part of a busy YT community, so watch YT hour or so every day.

Anyway on at least 3 occasions now, i turn TV on and sit down...To find firstly al the useless apps i removed are BACK on my box, AND more annoyingly YouTube app has been removed by itself?  So i set about deleteing and adding again, and now i done this three times now. Same thing still happens, apps return and Youtube gets removed seemingly overnight (although when excatly i dont know).

I can live with the useless apps returning, although be prefered to get rid of them. Whats really getting me angry is the Youtube app constantly being removed, sure its seconds to re-install, but to sign in again means going to PC (3 floors upstairs!) and authorising the box everytime, as you can imagine running up and down 6 flights of stairs everyday as the Youtube app has been uninstalled is doing my head in....

Anyone help as to why my box seems to default to factory settings everytime i walk away from it?  /cry
EDIT: I never turn it off or unplug it, its always on 24/7 ?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you share your login with someone else.?The apps are mirrored across all NOW TV boxes on the same account, so if you add an app on box A, box B will get it within 24 hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No not at all, very new to NOW TV (love it)
We bought the box about 3wks ago and signed up for free trial, plugged it in and signed in.. thats about it. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

That is pretty peculiar 😞

I would first of all suggest to force update the box if you can (click here for the guide, it's Step 6)

Would you also be able to try turning the box off and then turning it on again and see if the same thing has happened?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well Youtube hasnt been removed again yet, but still getting removed apps re-installing themselves..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My black Now TV box has been doing the same ever since I got it last summer. Apps come and go at random all the time - deleted apps return, installed apps disappear.