cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone know what might be wrong?

I just turned on my Now Box (white) and I am getting nothing! Just a black screen woth a sort of light grey cloud in the middle. I've checked all the cables, everything iss plugged in ok, it's turned on, I've got an internet connection, but nothing on screen. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription. I'm currently using the newest (and much faster) 'smart' NOW TV box which I managed to purchase on a similar offer.

In many cases this means that your new box ends up costing you nothing Smiley Wink

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your white NOW TV box? It might have died! 😯

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. Oh really? Umm I'm not sure, 2 or 3 years, we got it not long after they  first came out I believe.

I've messaged support as well so we'll see what they say.

It's funny you should say that but for quite a while now, it's felt a bit 'old' (for want of a better word, lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unplug power for 30sec then try again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too switched on my white Now box around 01.30 and have the gray cloud on screen. I do not think both our boxes could simultaneously develop a problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As suggested above try unplug the box from the mains for 30 seconds, that is usually enough to solve it but if that doesnt work then try a hard reset (you'll have to sign back into your account).

This grey screen is quite common after boxes have receive updates. Even my black ones get hit by this every month or so.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription. I'm currently using the newest (and much faster) 'smart' NOW TV box which I managed to purchase on a similar offer.

In many cases this means that your new box ends up costing you nothing Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you to all of you for your replies. We had tried turning off and waiting etc but that didn;t work. However we hadn't tried resetting the box. Did that this morning and it worked! Yay!

But thanks heaps fr the tip SMD,, yes I've seen offers for them but always thought well, we've got one, lol

But yeah, as I said, it seems old now. Things improve with newer products so I may well do this as soon as I can. Thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 30 second unplugged worked, thanks for that.