Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the data on the home/best of catchup is done by an editorial team at NOW TV. It doesn't come from the apps themselves. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just set up my new black box to replace the white one

All seemed to be fine  till I tried to navigate through the categories

my favourite subject being World Drama

When I go to Categories it appears that the default one is always Comedy

Going through them, all categories appear to work ok except for World Drama

Whenever I select it I get taken out of All4 and land up on My Apps page

This is very frustrating

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User sounds like a bug with the All4 data causing the app to crash. You could report it to Channel 4 and hope they fix it. 

As a work around you might want to try and search for the show you want to watch (maybe use another device for inspiration first) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All4 is not working properly on my box. It keeps saying video unavailable within a couple of minutes of starting to play. Also it takes forever and a day to show programmes as catch up and has them on the wrong channels? Advice please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you can make sure that your NOW TV Box is fully updated by following this step.

However if that doesn't fix the problem as the app is owned and managed by Channel 4 directly it may be worthwhile contacting them to see if there aware of any issues.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have moved my  ox and had to reset it but now I am being asked for a password which it isn't accepting, I have not been asked for this before and I am using the right one as it has accepted it on the Internet for my nowtv.com account.

Anyone else experienced this please and how did you resolve it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you referring to the All4 app where you are asked to sign in ?

If so i believe you need to register with All4 and not use your NowTV username and password details.

I personally just ignore this on screen message request and click on the browse button where you still can get access to the All4 service without logging in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
yes tried that - thank you - I thought I could get Film4 on this channel
but does not seem to be there.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this new channel on the now tv box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's a feature of All4 which the NOW TV boxes have an app for.