Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User try a different show and you'll find that it most likely works. One of the problems with Roku apps is that when they encounter an error they crash to the homescreen. Right now it's not possible for me to watch Agents of Shield, but Paul Merton's Request Stop show is fine.

You could try filing bug reports with Channel 4, but I'd suggest finding an alternative device to watch the episode with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes, twice!
I'll post back if all4 reply to me.
Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV box and just started the All4 app for the first time. It brings up a "Message from 4" that you have to click a button to accept and close, but the cursor focus is stuck on the menus in the background! I've tried resetting the box and restarting the app but I can't get the button selected and the app is unusable. Help!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Normally, accept is preselected and you just need to click OK on the remote. Does this not work for you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having same problem nothing is pre-selected, using OK and arrow buttons only controls the screen behind the message and can't go on

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I didn't have any issue accepting the message on my box - are you using the White box or black box?

You could try reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

Starting at the NOW TV box homescreen, highlight (but don't click on) the All4 app, then press * on the remote and choose Remove Channel and confirm to remove it. Then go to the Streaming Channels menu and in the Film & TV category you'll find the All4 app. Select it and choose Add Channel to reinstall the app.

When the the message appears click OK on the remote without pressing any other buttons first.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a black box, I'll try it tonight, thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

No nothing is preselected in the pop-up. You can see that it starts up with the first tab in the background selected. I discovered you can actually navigate the app in the background but can't actually see much/play anything with the pop up still there.

I also have the black box. I haven't tried reinstalling the app yet - I'll give it a go when I get home and update you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

That seems to have done the trick, thank you so much for your help! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Glad it's worked for you, thanks for posting back. 🙂