Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah, thanks. That's a shame 🙄
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there anyone else experiencing slight connection issues when using All4?

The last couple of nights the smart box throws up an error about connectivity pauses the video then before I can even read the entire message it is all happy again, I get as far as the error showing all4-002.

Initially I guessed the issue was with my BB, did all the reboots unplugged cables and did the remote testing as well which all came back as ok.  Watched a few programs on NowTV and all was well.  Back to All4 and away we go.

It is still possible I have done something wrong so I am open to any advice

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Which NOW TV playback device are you using. The old 'white', the newer 'black' or the newest 'smart' box?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

First of all apologies for change of username (I was using my old sky account in the first place which confused me no end), I am, Xanadu, honest

I am using the latest smart box, only noticed an issue over the last couple of nights and specifically I was watching rude tube

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User/@Anonymous User,

Aside from re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power) and/or resetting your NOW TV Box, there's not alot more you can do. As NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last night it was doing it again but any other app was fine, I will guess it is literally an issue with my app and hope it is fixed in subsequent updates then.

Thank you for the reply, at least its not me then for now 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don't hold your breath, I've been experiencing problems with the All 4 app
intermittently since I bought my NOW TV ( black) box about 2 years ago.

I now try to watch any Channel 4 programs live since BBC, ITV, and Ch 5
apps are all better, especially iPlayer. With so many different sources to
watch these days (Amazon / Netflix / Kodi), Channel 4's wonky app probably
just means less viewers for them.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Channel 4's wonky app probably just means less viewers for them.

Indeed, the All4 app isn't brilliant on my webOS based LG television Smiley Surprised