Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep Nothings changed...

Channel 4 MOVE content around on different servers when hosting deals end. The DNS and delivery systems are unable to adjust correctly and can time out...

This Is NOT specific to NowTV app or Roku and has been happening BEFORE the app was even called ALL4... but was still 4OD...

And it happened before the app was released to Media boxes and was only on consoles and HDTVs...

Channel 4 has never solved if for ever... 

Once HTML5 is forced on web browser not flash there may be pressure from PC users to fix HTML5 server content with a long term deal.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Andy, 

Sorry to know about the issues with All 4. However this being a third party app we do not have complete control on it's working.

Make sure you are on the latest updated version, you can check this from Settings->Software Update by pressing Home button on NOW TV remote.

If the issue continues, recommend you to get in touch with All 4 customer suport.

Thanks,

Ruchira. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ruchira,

Thanks for your response but yes, I understand this is out of your control. I have contacted Channel4 regarding this once before back in May, their reply is posted on an earlier page in this thread.

I was under the impression that it had been resolved until another community user (Ayla_93) said they were having similar issues... when I checked my own NowTV box/ALL4 app, discovered the problem was back.

I will contact Channel 4 again, although if what user: (GraphiteGB) says is correct, this is going to be a re-occuring problem....... If so, then maybe NowTV should have a word with Ch4 as well !

(Oh, and yes, I check for updates almost weekly even though it's supposed to be automatic)

Thanks anyway.

BicBasher
Elite

I discovered a bug with the All4 app last night.  While watching Spin, my net connection went down.  When it returned, it went back to the position I left it at.   However, when it went to a commercial break, it'd return to the same position, which meant I had to fast forward to where I go to further in the programme.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi , yes all formula 1 grand prix will not play through and I have been trying to catch up for months now .also supernatural will not play through, I have reset and updated with no joy,really fed up .would love a reason from c4 as its why I bought the box in the first place.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having problems with Channel 4 OD... about halfway through every programme, it stops and says 'video unavailable, please try again later' - we can't watch anything on there without this. Have gone through all the normal stuff - checked internet and wifi connection, reset the box, reset the app, reset the 4OD login account - but same problem. Is it a Channel 4 problem or a Roku issue? Anyone had similar and knows how to resolve it? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Tried using All 4 last night, every time I clicked on it, it would take me back to the main homescreen of Now TV, anyone else had this problem?

Legend 5
Legend 5
I presume you have used it before? It is working out on mine.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I bought the 3 months Entertainment Pass so I could use it to watch things on Channel 4 catch up and BBC. I have a problem with the channel 4 app, it give me about 5 'popular' programmes and below 5 more 'recently added' and that is all. On my friend's box, along the top right of the app it provides other options included catch up by day etc. I have none of these. Further to this if I am on the main screen with the options e.g. Now TV with three programme choices next to it, BBC Iplayer the same, 4OD the same etc however on the 4od one, if I click on one of the programmes offered, it takes me in to the app to the aforementioned screen and that particular programme I have clicked on is not available.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The problem with not seeing the top menus on the All4 app sounds like it could be your TV aspect resolution which is cutting off the top of the screen. You should have an 'aspect' or 'ratio' button on your TV remote (or option in the TV menu) - have a play around with that, if it's set to something like 'movie expand' try changing it to '16:9', 'unscaled' or 'widescreen' to see if that helps.

If you still find you can't play content on your box, try a hard reset (with the box powered up, push a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see the box restart itself. You'll then need to enter your wifi and NOW TV account details again). You could also try rebooting your broadband router as well.

PS just in case you weren't aware, you only need an entertainment pass to watch the content in the NOW TV app, you'll still be able to use the other apps - BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 even if you don't have an entertainment pass.