Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You are welcome! It is a little bonkers isn't it? 😄

I think that's what NOWTV agreed to though to have the app 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5
You can only watch C4 live if the content is a repeat.... Which means that you can watch future programs that are being broadcast as long as they have already been shown. Strange I know. Do you have Freeview?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yes I am having trouble with all4. I cannot even get 1 program to load. I click on the program I want and it takes me back to my apps page.  Maybe All4 needs to revert back to the previous version until they get their app working correctly. I think to be honest sky could include an error feed so you can report any issues via the nowtv box.

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I originally posted in November. Fortunately for me when all4 updated their app it improved.

I hope it does for you too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem has just actually started for me tonight ... have watched halfway through 2 Channel 4 programmes up to the advert break and then got the message.

I've still got the white box though, and I've never had problems with it before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

(Using Black Box)

The same problem for me with the All4 app, which has been usually stopping on certain programmes after first ad break. All others apps working fine.

Have done a factory reset today but problem still there with 'Big Bang Theory' & '24hrs in Police Custody' amongst others - Still getting black screen with message like  "......... unavailable. Please try again later"

Sounds like others are having this problem which has only occured recently, so presumably it's a Channel 4 problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly what is happening to me, on all Channel 4 catch up programmes. It started last week when I was unable to watch episode 6 of Indian Summers and has continued through everything except Supervet. I am totally p----d off! Does nobody have an answer? Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have no control over the All 4 app at all, The app is developed, maintained and content are all managed by C4

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update -

Copy of email I received this morning from Channel 4:

"Re: Your Channel 4 enquiry reference [2960379-1463678394]

Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries <[email removed]>

Thank you for your further email and the information that you have provided.

We would advise you that we are aware of an issue with the All 4 app on Now TV, which our All 4 department are currently working on.

Unfortunately we do not have a time frame for resolving this issue but assure you we aim to fix this as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq

Kind Regards,

Katy Woods
All 4 Support"

So, at least they responded quickly, all we can do now is wait.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been watching the 100 each week on channel 4 player put it on yesterday and it as asked me for a pin and i have not put a pin in can you please help me