Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GraphiteGB
Champion

Re: 4oD player failing at advert break?

This error is normal for 4OD...

4OD or as they tried to rebrand as "ALL4" to hide from there past issues has had this issue accross every HDTV app...

They spread there content across so many server locations, devices can time out and fail...

The Adverts are not the same quality or on the same server as the primary content...

Unlike NowTV that encode Channel product placement adverts in to the same stream as the Primary episode you want to watch..

Channel 4 have to load the advert of another server system... then reconnect back to the primary show content...

This does mean that you can lose connection when it rebuffers the primary content as it fails to load the next chunk...

Even the channel Ident sponsors are Different per channel they run so need to load in...

Theres nothing you can do about it... but wait for the servers to work correctly... This is not a new issue and they have had it for years on and off.... As they increase the adverts it just gets worse and happens even more offen... 

If you have a freeview service. you should watch live or PVR... for a few weeks...   

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@GraphiteGB wrote:

If you have a freeview service. you should watch live or PVR... for a few weeks...   

Kabul Kitchen which zxcvbnm114 is trying to watch is only available via All4

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
oldhogs
Advocate

keep getting a message to state unavailable show ( half way through a box set programe)

Since cancelling my monthly sky movies, I am having problems with my free channels, particularly with channel four box sets or catch  up, it just stops 15 mins into it and says there is a problem please try later, etc, It seems coincidental that I have only had these problems since cancelling my paid channel.   Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Thanks
commanda6 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: keep getting a message to state unavailable show ( half way through a box set programe)

@oldhogs wrote:

Since cancelling my monthly sky movies, I am having problems with my free channels, particularly with channel four box sets or catch  up, it just stops 15 mins into it and says there is a problem please try later, etc, It seems coincidental that I have only had these problems since cancelling my paid channel.   Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi @oldhogs 

That sounds like a Channel 4 problem. There have been a few people reporting problems with all4 recently. But you don't need a now TV subscription to get access to the catch up apps, so the fact you cancelled your movies pass won't be affecting it. You only need a now TV account to access the free apps you don't need an active subscription.  The box will be using your now TV account to access the apps.

The only thing I can suggest is that you remove the All4 app/channel and reinstall it.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.

AMA123
Advocate

Film 4

Hi Can anyone tell me if I can access film 4 through the 4OD??

If it helps I watch NOW TV through the box and a PS4

Thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Film 4

@AMA123

No, unfortunately Film4 content isn't available on the 4oD/All4 apps, they have a small collection of short films you can watch on their website but apart from that you have to watch the actual broadcast channel itself.

http://www.film4.com/film4-productions/shorts

zxcvbnm114
Advocate

Thankyou. I guess you are right some nights the adverts are just broken. I just had to be patient till it was working better.  Its a shame as its hard to get everyone sitting down to watch something if you don't know if it will work...

A day later I was able to play it, though I had to leave it playing seven commercials which with stuttering took about 15 minutes. Then the tv show played just fine.

The next night there was only one advert in the middle of the show? 

Channel four did reply to my query but only to suggest I reset my box which I had already done repeatedly along with renewing my ip address in the hope of jolting the adverts into working...

Artesea is sadly right. I think 4OD is the only place you can see Kabul Kitchen with english subtitles. I suspect the long term solution will be to buy a smarter tv that has hdmi to plug a laptop in and use its more robust streaming.

One tip seems to be to fast forward to the commercial break and get them over with first and then you can watch the show without them. Though how well this works on longer things I don't know.

Still thanks for the advice.

0 Thanks
Foany1980
Advocate

Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3

Does anyone know when Season 3 of Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is coming to NOW TV?

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3

@Foany1980

Welcome to the forum.

E4 currently have the rights to this, and is available to watch on the All4 on-demand app, although if you haven't been watching the first few episodes they have now expired. if NOW TV do decide to add season 3 it won't be until some time after E4 have finished airing, probably October time if past seasons are anything to go by.

DOH2015
Mentor

All4 crashes the minute you try to start a programme

Hi all,

Has anyone else experience an issue with All4 whereby you get into the service successfully, but the minute you choose any programme (any programme!), it crashed back to the Menu screen.

I've tried a Factory Reset and internet works fine on all other devices (so speed or internet setup isn't an issue). Plus iPlayer, ITV Hub and Demand5 (the rebrand hasn't kicked in yet) all are playing perfectly...

Any else have this programme on a NowTV (white) box?

0 Thanks