Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't had any problems, but I've not used it since the weekend.  It does however sound suspiciously similar to the problem the old 4oD used to have on the white box.  That was never fixed (it went away when the app updated to All4) despite C4 saying they were looking into it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I watched the latest episode of Fargo last night. Is it happening with all shows you are trying to watch or just one? Have you tried contacting Channel 4?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies.
I was lucky with my white box 4od worked fine.

Artesea it happens with all programs, but sometimes the program will start with the message remaining on the screen and then stop completely after the first advert break.
I've raised it with channel 4 -they 'escalated' it and I've not heard back.

SirHC -what was the old problem?

Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
SirHC -what was the old problem?

I can't find the old thread, but it was prety much as you described.  When transitioning from the adverts to the next part of the programme, 4oD would give an error "content unavailable", and you would have to exit out of it and try playing the programme again.  It would then normally fail out of the next ad break.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I ask has anyone tried to watch a catch up program on the ITV player ?  All I get is factual programs and reality shows to choose from , I cant see any of the top rated shows  to view. How do I get the top shows on ITV player ?  I am in Scotland so its STV up here is that why?  and if so how do I get the STV player on the Now box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User find the settings within the ITV Player and lie about your postcode, you'll get ITV1 programmes that way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks sirhc,

I'm wondering about buying a new box, whether it's some interaction between my box and all4, given that others aren't experiencing this. But also realise that it might be something else too (router, area, network provider) and I can't change everything.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Have you tried factory resetting it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem is affectedon my new nowtv box the black one.

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks sirhc,

I'm wondering about buying a new box, whether it's some interaction between my box and all4, given that others aren't experiencing this. But also realise that it might be something else too (router, area, network provider) and I can't change everything.