cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts on NowTV

Why on earth am I being subject to Sky adverts when I want to watch something on a service which I am paying for? 

If you want adverts, make the service free. Stop trying to have it both ways. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree.  The only reason I have now tv is to watch uninterrupted.  Now I’m in the middle of an episode and boom! Advert.  Not happy.  I’ll be considering cancelling. 

nowswaish
Scholar 3

What are you streaming and what device are you using?

I have only seen trailers before the start of a programme never during a programme (apart from live channels of course).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts for sky are now starting to crop up in the middle of episodes now. Not happy. I will be leaving 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree!

I've just started using NowTV to watch GoT, like many others I assume, but as someone being used to Netflix and Amazon Prime, this app feels and handles terribly. The Xbox app didn't work at all for the last 2 weeks, found many complaints about that online too, and now I have to watch ads before the show which I cannot skip. As soon as GoT is over my subscription is cancelled. I've already set a reminder in my phone.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Couldn’t agree more about the adverts before any program on catch up.

What really grinds my gears is the constant adverts of the EPL, which by the way I have literally zero interest in, would rather sit and talk to a wall than watch it. 

If they had to plug adverts at the start of the shows I’d rather it be relating to your watchlist. Ideally adverts can do one! I left Sky cause of the constant adverts they shoved into on demand and if Now Tv continues I’ll be doing the same

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tonight is the first one I had to suffer. I too will be cancelling my subscription. They can't have it both ways. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They aren't adverts per se, they are trailers. On Universal on BTTV I regularly get trailers for new shows at the mid-point of the show I'm streaming.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

I understand they aren't adverts for Fairy washing up liquid, but more of trailers for products of Sky. 

However its the principle of plugging in these "adverts" at the start that are making me second guess my subscirption. Even my wife is getting fed up with them, espeically when it is "adverts" for the EPL (I hardly watch football and if I did it would be Hearts and Scotland games) so the forced advertising of a league that I will never watch is frankly pi$sing me off. 

If there was an option to skip the adverts I wouldn't mind so much. 

Thankfully I have not had any "adverts" during the show, however if the do continue to put them on at the start and continue to advertise the EPL (would rather it was Sky sports in general!) then I will seriously consider cancelling my passes completely. 

If Now TV actually improved their service with 1080p, 5.1 surround sound, Sky Sports catch up, then and only them I wouldn't mind the "adverts" too much. However to pay for a half decent service whilst forced to watch a trailer for the EPL everytime I watch any show is too far. 

Apologies, I had to have a rant! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too!! First they up their prices and now putting ads in there as well, I thought that was what my tv licence covered???