cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A month not 3

So I'm totally new to Now TV, I only signed up so I can watch the odd box office and kids pass which looks like I'll have to cancel due to lack of subtitles for my deaf son.
Anyway I bought a box that clearly states 3 month free entertainment pass, however upon signing up it says month pass. Can someone explain what I'm missing here? And if I am missing something why oh why isn't it displayed clearly somewhere how this works? Saving me the time of having to post in a forum to get answers?
My first impressions of this box has SKY payment catch written all over it, complicated payment options and not clear T&C's.
13 REPLIES 13
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV system breaks down payments into monthly periods, which can be confusing. In order to see the actual expiry dates of your vouchers, this is what you have to do...

While you are logged onto this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device. Visit: My Account -> My Passes and select the relevent 'down arrow' for your subscription (ie: purple for Sky Cinema or orange for Entertainment). Here's a typical example of what your pass information should look like.

Note the info in the: "You're on a free offer until..." line. Followed by the 'Offer ends on' line: -

passes.png

What do you see?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So you're telling me I've just purchased something that advertises 3 month pass on the box, then upon doing as you instructed find it's only giving me until the 7th of August! That's under 13 days! Not even the Month it stated!
How do they manage to get away with that scam?
I only bought it because it stated 3 months free pass!
Looks like it's going back on principal!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello again @Anonymous User

It would seem that you're currently enjoying a 14 day free trial period. 

This being the case, are you 100% sure that you actually applied the voucher pass code that should have been supplied within your NOW TV box? It comes in the form of a card with a silver 'scratch-off' strip on its rear side 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is there any way I can re add that code in order to check or am i best just cancelling and returning the box for a refund?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm...

Yes, you can try re-adding your 'Entertainment' voucher pass code. And how about taking a screen grab of the 'Your Passes' area of your 'My Account' area, which shows all the listed dates?

And please DROP THE ATTITUDE, there is no con going on here!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorted it, for some reason the code was incorrect. Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Good @Anonymous User. Glad to hear it Smiley Happy

As with any new service, there's a learning curve. And please don't panic... The forum members are here to help!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you can sort subtitles for my son I'll be a happy customer!
However I don't think there's many Kids channels that offer that service!
It's a shame Sky doesn't apply pressure on their channels to meet offcom's standards.

I'll use the free time test it out see what's got what, however not looking good so far.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well @Anonymous User...

There's nothing I can do as I'm just a regular NOW TV subscriber who's trying to offer help to other subscribers... I don't work for them!