cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Folks, Smiley Happy

Last night (Sunday) the first episode of series 2 of "1993" aired on Sky Atlantic.  It's a Sky Italia production and series 1 was called 1992....If you fancy a bit of Italian intrigue and you can cope with subtitles, the boxset is available in the entertainment section.....It's pretty good.

Anyway, as I say, series 2 started last night and this morning, I checked for it on "Catch up", so that I can watch it tonight and I find that the episode is only available for two days.....Two days?....What happened to programmes being available in catch up for 30?

We're inundated with various "Stargate" series, Game of Thrones is all over the place (Again!) and "Catch up" is full of shows that I'm never going to watch from "Viceland".....I'm beginning to take this personally! Smiley Wink

Is the "Available for 2 days" a mistake as it's not giving viewers much of a chance?......Is it?

The pickings are a tad thin in the Entertainment section at the moment and a new show deserves a bit more than this.

Right-Oh then, that's about it, rant over and I'm off for a cup of coffee and a Jammie Dodger.  TTFNSmiley Happy

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip-off that it's returned. Loved 1992.

As for the episode leaving early, my guess is that they'll do the whole boxset so you can binge thing on Thursday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good shout, Artesea and if anybody knows anything about boxsets around here, then that would be you! Smiley Wink

I hope that is the reason but I'm not brave enough to risk it, so I'll be watching episode 1 tonight.....Just in case!

All the best. Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Good to see you around again @Anonymous User. Sky have the episode on-demand until October so I'm pretty sure NOW TV will be keeping it around for a while as well. Like you say best play it safe for this week tho.

PS Jammie Dodgers used to be favourite biscuit as a kid until about 8 when I moved onto Jaffa Cakes. I was a boy of sophisticated tastes.

image.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crikey @Andy....Jaffa Cakes?!?!?....Sophistication indeed, your School Tuck Shop must have been more upper pucka than mine! Smiley Wink

When I was eight, the height of sophistication was going around to my Nan's house and having Digestive Bickies with a mug of "Beef Tea".....Well that's what she called it, I was mortified to eventually find out that it was a crumbled up Oxo cube with a dash of pepper in hot water! Smiley Surprised 

We could be off on a Monty Python sketch here......."You were lucky, we had to make do with one Ship's Biscuit a month dipped in Cabbage water"

Over to you, Mon Ami Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Well it looks like "1993" has gone.....expired....only 3 days in the sunshine....it was good whilst it lasted....Feel free to add any lines of woe. Smiley Wink

I've just checked and not only has the boxset not been added, as we had hoped Artesea, but the first episode of season 2 has gone as well.  I just don't get why it was only on catch up for three days instead of the usual thirty.  Anyway, I watched the first episode and it was great, you wouldn't want to watch it with your Nan in the same room, though! Smiley Surprised

Just a point for anybody that wants to watch "1993"....You really need to watch "1992" first as there is absolutely no introduction to the second series, it's just straight into the plot.

I just hope that the next episode is on catch upafter next Sunday.....Even if it is for only 3 days. Smiley Mad

Complimente, Sky Italia, bravo!

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User@Andy@Anonymous User

The Box Set for 1993 should be up at some point today. 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

That @Jason-C never fails to deliver ... 😉

When he rips his shirt open in the office (which I've heard happens quite often) he surely reveals ...

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks @Jason-C Smiley Happy

There's a Spag Bol and a bottle of Chianti with your name on them! Smiley Wink

Thanks again and all the best. 

Edit:   P.S. Just checked and episode 1 is back (only for 2 days, this time Smiley Frustrated)  but no boxset, as yet.....Give it time, Rome wasn't built in a day, was it? Smiley Wink

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User@Andy@Anonymous User

I'm afraid you'll have to revoke my badge, at least for a few days!

The Box Set has been pushed back to the 30th at short notice. So they'll turn up on Sunday instead.