cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

won't accept any of my credit card

Hello everybody , 

I'm a new customer and I have set up an account, So i'm tryin' to subscribe to  the Entertainment Pass , and as soon as i put my credit card ,but can't go any further because it says my credit card needs authorised with a payment of 10pence.

I used a Mastercard Card , but these card is a French debit card , and i don't have any other card , so what can you do to fix the problem ??

How long does it take for now tv to authorise my card and account?

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Your problem is that you’re trying to use a French debit card. NowTV only accept British (or ROI for the Irish version) Visa/Mastercard Credit/Debit cards. You might think this is restrictive, but the card is used to verify that you are living in the UK and have a UK bank account. So if you want to use NowTV, you’ll have to open a UK bank account and get a UK credit/debit card.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Your problem is that you’re trying to use a French debit card. NowTV only accept British (or ROI for the Irish version) Visa/Mastercard Credit/Debit cards. You might think this is restrictive, but the card is used to verify that you are living in the UK and have a UK bank account. So if you want to use NowTV, you’ll have to open a UK bank account and get a UK credit/debit card.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for you reply ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm trying to set up my now tv stick. It will not accept mine either. It is a santander card does that count as 'not english' customer service just messed me about and the it said it has timed out.

Does this mean I can't set it up or can this be resloved? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem here. i will be living in uk two years but use none uk card. think now tv shall consider our group of people as now a days people moves around qiut offen.