cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

fox tv and discovery replacement

any idea if we are getting replacement channels for the loss of fox tv and discovery. would like alibi or watch if it was possible.

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That's the million dollar question!

Personally I would like it to be W and Alibi or just NBC content in genreal like ALL Chicago episodes, Law & Order and its spin offs.

Something will be in the works, just have to wait and see. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 highly doubtful we'd get Watch or Alibi as they're part of UKTV who obviously have their own streaming service - which is free!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

UKTV Play might be free, but you cannot watch either channel on it.......

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/what-is-uktv-play

Shows from W, Alibi, Gold and Eden are also available via our partner platforms as part of a paid subscription. Visit Ways to Watch for more details.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@gavs82008 but most of the programmes are available for free, either through UKTV - Drama, BBC or ITV/STV . They move between the networks/channels. The only shows that aren't are imported shows although some of those can be found on other Freeview channels like CBS Drama.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibi_(TV_channel)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

All fair points and thanks for the information.

Although currently Harrow season 3 isn't avalaible anywhere to stream. That being said its a show owned by Disney, so I suspect it will end up on Disney+ at some point. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree completely NowTV can't just think including Kids Channels makes up for losing both Fox and Discovery but keeping the same price. I won't ever use the Kids Channels but I used Discovery and Fox I know it's not there fault as it's out of there hands. 

I did think it was very odd that NowTV removed the complete Chicago PD boxset they had on Demand when they effectively own the content. Chicago Fire and Med is probably tied up with Amazon as they are on Prime Video at moment but they could put up the seasons that aren't on Prime Video.  

The fact they still haven't been able fully add things like Kung Fu Panda and How To train your dragon is odd to me.

starman73
Elite

NowTV can't just think including Kids Channels makes up for losing both Fox and Discovery but keeping the same price.

They don’t.  That’s why they send emails out offering entertainment for £1/month.  Disney +, Netflix and Prime are all moving onwards and upwards with top quality movies and entertainment taking a fair number of the shows that people would purchase a subscription for, like The Walking Dead.

I have mainly got Entertainment for Sky Atlantic and Sky Arts, and to be honest most of the other channels aren’t of any real interest.  However having watched most of the marquee series (The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones), they need a few more series like Mare of Easttown, Big Little Lies and The Undoing to keep me hooked. Or very low subscription rates.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Agree.  The whole pricing model for Now is bonkers.  Fewer streams, split passes, lower quality streams etc.  £25/month (with boost) and it’s not as good as any of Disney + (£8/month), Prime (£8/month) or Netflix(£14/month).    In fact getting the most basic Netflix (£6/month) with Disney + and Prime is cheaper than Now.  

If I didn’t get the email offers I would never subscribe to Cinema or Entertainment.