cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

entertainment not working

Hoping someone can help. I am wanting to watch now TV entertainment it loads then says your offline if problem presits go to nowtv/help now my not offline my Netflix etc works fine it's just the entertainment I've reset the box done everything I can and still ain't working can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a reboot on your Router even though other services work on your NowTV box ?

Do you have another pass other than entertainment ?

If so can you play the other NowTV pass to see if it plays.

See if anything in this linked guide helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

If nothing works, then i would be tempted myself to switch the power off to your Router for 20 minutes to allow the Router to acquire a new IP address even though your Router is working on other services or Apps.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a reboot on your Router even though other services work on your NowTV box ?

Do you have another pass other than entertainment ?

If so can you play the other NowTV pass to see if it plays.

See if anything in this linked guide helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

If nothing works, then i would be tempted myself to switch the power off to your Router for 20 minutes to allow the Router to acquire a new IP address even though your Router is working on other services or Apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply I have turned it off numerous of times and it still says you are offline. I only have the entertainment pass as well

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you got another playback device just to check if the NowTV Entertainment pass plays on it ?

Perhaps try step 6 in my previous linked trouble shooting guide and if that doesn't work switch the power off to your Router for about 20 minutes.

Out of curiosity which NowTV box are you using i.e. White, Black, Freeview Smart, 4K Smart or are you using a NowTV stick or a different device ?

Also who is your internet provider ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've tried and it still works but not on mine unfortunately so I have switched it off and will turn back on soon. I have a black box and my network provider is 3

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with the internet provider 3, but did they have a major loss of service yesterday or was that their mobile service ?

If the 20 minute switch off of your Router doesn't make any difference, then perhaps try a full factory reset on your Router.

Otherwise maybe try NowTV live chat or if they are no help see if 3 help support can offer you any advice.

To reach NowTV live chat, open the link below and click the green arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

I don't know if my own experience is going to help but I have found, not too often but from time to time, when I'm watching Now TV via my Roku 3 box, my Roku would start blinking, the programme or film I'm watching would be replaced by those spinning coloured balls, I would then get a message saying my internet connection is lost followed by another error message telling me to re-install my internet lost connection.

And when I check the other apps/channels or my internal applications, just like Jessie has done, I would find that everything on my side of things are technically OK.

Also, about 30 to 60 minutes after the occurrence, and without any intervention, 

everything is back to normal, and I can continue watching my programme or film.

Since my last episode happened about 3.30am during  the past week, I am reasonably convinced that the occurrence is caused by Now TV's distribution servers updating themselves, although at the moment I have no proof to confirm my guess.

You know Schnapps, maybe you can check with one of the insiders to if it's just a case of "updating servers" and so nothing to worry about.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hey Guys

Guess what?  The problem as described in my previous posting started to happen again at approximately 3.05am this morning.

So now more than ever, I believe it's Now TV's broadcasting servers doing their routine "housekeeping stuff", such as backups, compressing their registries, possibly some defragging, etc.

Howver, if Now TV's servers run on a Linux variant O/S then "housekeeping" would have slightly different routines than the ones I have described in the previous para.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

Sadly i have no gravitas with NowTV and like any other forum member on here i have no clout with them or any knowledge or insider information on how their servers work or update sorry 😠.

Perhaps report the issue to live chat where they can escalate it to their Tech Dept ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi again Schnapps

Sorry about my assumption, as you're a senior forum member I thought you had some pull with one or two of the guys in the Now TV team. Still, the problem that started this thread is no biggie, just a minor inconvenience.

As for talking to Now TV's tech boys about their servers, this is unlikely to happen because that topic falls under the realm of "commercial confidentiality", and so is a no no.

Anyway, as the problem only seems to start between 3.00am to 3.30am then the solution is to simply to avoid an area of time, say, between 3.00am to about 4.30am, which will gives the servers time to complete their automatic tasks.

UK Bob