cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Re: Why are there no subtitles?

I am a TALKTALKTV user and following their price increase for SKY entertainment boost I bought a NOWTV entertainment pass.  TALKTALK recommend buying NOWTV passes as a cheaper alternative, and charged £4 a month. However as I am am finding far to often with TALKTALK this is an "improved"  service that loses functionality. 

The loss of functionality I am most affected by is the lack of subtitles on NOWTV. Series I watched using my previous SKY boost had subtitles, but now when I watch them on NOWTV non are available.  Therefore subtitles exist but NOWTV won't buy them. This is disability discrimination. Shame on you NOWTV. If I could find a way to leek this blatant discrimination to the media I would.

I have also discovered that the TV box I have on contract with TALKTALK is not supported by NOWTV, so even on the rare occasion, there are subtitles I cant see them.  Shame on TALKTALK.

As a previous post said this is 2020.

I am posting a similar rant on TALKTALK. 

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SMas 

YouView boxes do not currently support subtitles on NowTV.

So we won’t be able to watch NowTV on our YouView boxes until they do; and I have ensured that YouView are aware of this.

Accordingly, we watch NowTV on the app on our Samsung smart TV, or on a Roku Stick. (I decline to watch it on a NowTV stick any more; that’s like trying to put your underpants on over your head).

Though even on those, whether or not there are subtitles, and whether they last the whole programme through even if there are some, is a crapshoot.....

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Advocate

Yep I said my current TALKTALK box, which is YouView as you said, does not support  NOWTV. Basically the £4 a month TALKTALK are charging me so that I can access NOWTV through my YOUVIEW box tantamounts to fraud.

After waiting to be connected to someone at TALKTALK today for 50 minutes,  the person on the other end could not understand what I was saying about not having access to subtitles. I can only surmise that the help desk has not been given a script to follow about this?!?

Tomorrow I am going to try and find, on the respective websites, how to send official complaints.  I say try because so far I can only find complaint links for specific issues.

I am also going to look at possible alternatives for TALKTALK and NOWTV.  I struggle with my hearing and have come to rely on subtitles.  A function I can NOT do without.  Although I love NOTV having no adverts.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SMas 

If your TalkTalk box doesn’t support NowTV, what are you watching it on?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks