cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What does "two days left" mean exactly?

Curb Your Enthusiasm season 10 currently shows as two days left right now (8pm 21st April)

Does this mean it'll be available until midnight tomorrow night (22nd) or midnight on the 23rd? Or some other time?

I have six episodes left to watch and need to know how long I have!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When in the last 24 hours of a TV show episode leaving NowTV it will change from days remaining to hours left with a hourly countdown timer next to each episode. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When in the last 24 hours of a TV show episode leaving NowTV it will change from days remaining to hours left with a hourly countdown timer next to each episode. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant, thanks a lot

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It may mean that you haven’t paid for the pass so you’ve only got 2 days left till it runs out. Also it could be about a series that is only on there for two more days

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It may mean that you haven’t paid for the pass so you’ve only got 2 days left till it runs out. Also it could be about a series that is only on there for two more days

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

no it does not mean that. It means that the content in question has two days left before the licence expires, and now TV has to remove said content from the service. It's all to do  with content rights/intellectual property rights and copyright law. So now TV doesn't have a choice. Unfortunately the agreements they have with rights holders only last a certain amount of time before they must be renewed in order for content to stay on the service

Content will expire on Netflix and Amazon as well, except to these two services aren't as upfront about when content is going to be removed as nowTV is. If content is going to expire within 90 days.  the expiry date will appear on the now TV UI for that particular piece of content.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do tv shows leave now tv i dont get it 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @commanda6 

Hey J

Just to elaborate a bit on Commanda's post, Now TV does not own the programs they show they rent/lease them from the copyright holders.  And as said before, this is for a time limited period only, and when that time is up, then the programs have to be taken down. 

However, from time to time, Now TV will give some programs and series a repeat showing, these repeats also cost Now TV additional copyright fees.

Hope you are now demystified.

UK Bob