Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wentworth is back :-)

Who is watching this amazing show? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
318 REPLIES 318
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

You can if you use the website catalogue at https://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer (there's only Ghosts of Mars and The Thing on the service at the mo) but you're right it would be good for this to be available across devices.

I was going to say it's already been suggested in the Ideas section if you want to vote it, but having checked  I can see its your submission in the first place 😄

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Thanks for the tip, wasn't aware there was a more advanced search feature on the website which is good to know.

I am more old school and much prefer to use the search function with a remote controller where the results appear on the TV screen.

It's a shame that the NowTV software developers can't implement this advanced search option into all nowtv supported devices (especially the nowtv boxes in my particular case). 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Gang

As I sit here (at home) with my wooden cans on, grooving on some old tunes, I reckon I'm gonna try and watch the following films within the next two or so weeks.

1) Okja - Andy says that the super pig (mutant hippo) film is quite good and, so as long as Andy does not recommend a Nick Cage movie, I believe him.  Smiley Very Happy Oh yeah.

2) Death Note - I wanna watch the live action Netflix version, that clip that Casey posted looks interesting/good and seems to follow the original live action film quite well.

3) In the Mouth of Madness (1994) - It's a John Carpenter film, what more needs to be said, other than I've now got to hunt down the DVD.

4) Wonder Woman - Just gotta see it, nuff said.

Long term viewing plans:

The Defenders, Punisher, Jessica Jones 2

Just out of interest: Does anyone know if "Rick and Morty" will be back on TV, it's the only adult cartoon that was on TV that I actually liked. I'm not keen on Family Guy but I do like most episodes of American Dad.

Rick And Morty.jpg

UK (Cyber-Man) Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UK Bob or is it (Cyber Man Bob) from now on Smiley Very Happy

I am guessing from your above post, that you rather own a DVD copy of the movie " In the mouth of madness" instead of  streaming the film as a rental ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Everybody,

I have just added the Halloween Blu-ray to my Love Flim disc rental, due to all this talk on here about John Carpenter.

Haven't seen the movie since it was released on VHS back in the late seventies, i will be interested to check out how the flim transfer looks like on Blu-ray compared to VHS and how the film stands up in the 21st century.

Once the movie arrives, i just need to pluck up the courage to watch the film once again Smiley Embarassed

I imagine i will have my hands close to my face ready for the scary scenes (That was the way i used to watch horror movies before Freddy came along and put me right off the Horror genre ever since) Smiley Very Happy

Guys wish me luck Smiley Very Happy

bigstock-120365345.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Well done you pal!! I have the 30th anniversary Bluray ed. and it looks and (particularly) sounds stunning! I'm confident it will have you hiding behind the sofa in glee/terror! Enjoy!

And if you like that, do check out the rest of the series which, whilst suffering from the horror law of diminishing returns, all still stand up as pretty good sequels, in particular I have a very soft spot for 4 and 5. Zombie's remakes suffered a little in revealing too much backstory (which for a boogeyman the less you know the better) but have the novelty value of featuring Danielle Harris from 4 and 5.

image.jpeg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

2) Death Note - I wanna watch the live action Netflix version, that clip that Casey posted looks interesting/good and seems to follow the original live action film quite well.

@ukbobboy Just have to check if that's a typo or if there's another live action version of the film ... If so I'll definitely be checking that out!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@ukbobboy wrote:

@ukbobboy Just have to check if that's a typo or if there's another live action version of the film ... If so I'll definitely be checking that out!

@Andy Oh that's right! I forgot about those!  😮

There are a few but I have only seen the first one when I had Horror channel.

I think one came out last year/early this year thinking about it. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_(disambiguation)

I hope the link works as I am on my tablet which doesn't like links lol.

The anime is king though! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh cool, cheers Casey! Just been looking up on Amazon, there's 3 films apparently but the last one is completely separate, a new investigation for L apparently. They seem to have reasonable reviews, might look out on horror channel or pick up DVD if cheap. Even as 2 films they must squeeze shed loads out of it compared to the anime tho!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @schnapps

Hi Andy

You know, I originally saw Death Note, live Japanese version, a few years back on TV and I had no idea at the time it was based on an anime or knew anything else about it.  I just thought that it was a good horror film, different from any other I had seen before.

I'm guessing that if the Netflix version follows the live original then it will be something worth watching.

Death Note (2006).jpg

UK Bob