Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wentworth is back :-)

Who is watching this amazing show? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
318 REPLIES 318
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

Since were the only ones that remember some of the older films I thought I'd throw this one in, just to find out if you've ever seen it?

Escape from New York (1981).jpg

Another great by John Carpenter.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UK Bob,

Yeah i have seen this great movie together with the not so good sequel Escape from LA.

Kurt Russell and John Carpenter worked together on a few movies back in the day.

My two favourites from John Carpenter were "Big Trouble in Little China and the "The Thing". 

Also quite enjoyed "They Live" with Roddy Piper the Wrestler.

My top favourite flims apart from the Star Wars franchise (in no particular order) are Jaws, Alien, Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2 and Predator Smiley Happy  

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

You know, the top John Carpenter films for me are as follows:

1) The Thing, brilliant horror film and brilliantly acted.

2) Assault on Precinct 13, Jon's first major feature filled with stylised, John Wayne type  action. 

3) Escape from New York with Kurt Russell and Lee Van Cleef, another western-type film.

4) They Live, for me had an unsatisfactory ending (as far as I can remember) but I still enjoyed it.

As for your other films, I really enjoyed those as well.

A small(ish) film with a naff title but surprisingly good, directed by Jon Favreau, is Cowboys and Aliens, something to watch if you've got nothing else scheduled.

Cowboys & Aliens (2011).jpg

As long as you don't expect too much it's worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UK Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion about Cowboys & Aliens (already watched it on bluray with my Love Film Rental Discs Subscription).

Ever since watching Tron Legacy, i have a man crush on Olivia Wiide (watching Vinyl on Sky Atlantic was especially a treat for me with Olivia showing all her naughty bits (unless they used a body double) Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Afraid to say that whilst I mentioned Assault on Precinct 13 I've never actually seen it. However I am a big fan of John Carpenter horror, having produced two of the most iconic horrors ever, Halloween (easily one of my top 5 favourite horrors) and The Thing.

And speaking of Carpenter's great music, I love the superb Halloween theme, as heard in the opening credits to the film,M guaranteed to get my heart pumping

https://youtu.be/HWvBZu3cr2g

and probably one of the best examples of his incidental music adding significantly to the building sense of fear and dread in a horror film, the famous 'walk home from school' steadicam sequence

https://youtu.be/jXrhObXq42o

Mind you, can't deny things went downhill from there. Remember Vampires and Village of the Damned anyone?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I forgot Carpenter directed Escape from New York, but I quite enjoyed that. Wasn't Donald Pleasance in that as well? (Halloween connection). The US president maybe? Bit vague it's that long since I watched.

Surprised by Cowboys and Aliens, wouldn't have thought that would be a recommendation of yours, just shows personal taste is a funny thing!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

That's a good shout about Halloween (Michael Myers) and the young Jamie Lee Curtis which like you said was another Directed John Carpenter flim, with a spooky sound track that sticks in your mind.

Also, i just remembered another John Carpenter movie with Jamie Lee Curtis was starring in which was "The Fog".

I was ok to a degree watching horror movies up until Freddy Krueger appeared in "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and ever since i have been put off with the horror genre (Freddy did a good job of disturbing me forever). 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

i have a man crush on Olivia Wiide (watching Vinyl on Sky Atlantic was especially a treat for me with Olivia showing all her naughty bits (unless they used a body double) Smiley Very Happy

Awww, Miss, @schnapps just said 'naughty bits' ... That's ruuuude!!! *giggle*

image.png

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy To be fair, neither did I! I had to google his movies to know which I had seen. 😄

@schnapps I haven't used LoveFilm in quite a while. I got fed up of dodgy discs. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Cyber Man Bob,

Great movie and the famous sentence from the flim that has always stuck in my mind.

"Warriors Come Out to Play"