cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchmen (Sky Atlantic)

I watched episode one last week (via my NowTV stick) and there were subtitles available.
This week they weren't.
What gives ?? I thought Sky Atlantic 'catch-up' always had subtitles ?
(Game of Thrones certainly did).

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the episode thumbnail description there is a subtitle icon next to episode 2, therefore i cannot see no reason why there isn't no subtitles available for this episode apart from that NowTV have encountered a technical issue with this particular episode with regards to subtitles and are either not aware of it when they loaded onto their server or they are in the process of resolving it and uploaded the episode at the moment minus the encoded subtitle part of the file.

@Jason-C of the NowTV Team is somebody from the NowTV Content Team looking into this ?

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are indeed looking into this, and hope to have it resolved today. To explain, we often have to wait for Sky to create or supply subtitles for episodes, which can sometimes be shortly after it's available on demand.

Appreciate your patience on this, and thank you for flagging.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watching episode 7 on catch up.
No subtitles available for this episode either......☹️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem, subtitles missing on latest episode 7, very annoying seems Now TV has little care for the hard of hearing

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jason-C can we have an update on subtitles for episode 7 of watchmen? Has this been flagged up with the NowTV team to look into? It was first raised by Entingy on 2/12/19 and I have just attempted to watch the episode myself tonight (4/12/19) and saw that this does not appear to have been resolved yet. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoyingly, there are 'no subtitles available' for this weeks' episode of "The Outsider" either.
They were there on the previous 8 episodes.....!!!