cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Watch List being hacked by NOWTV..again

Watch List compromised:

I use the NOWTV app on my Samsung smart TV, and as a back up have a NOWTV stick plugged in too as a reserve when app misbehaves.

Again last night I see shows have been removed from my Watch List, and I have to add them back in again; this doesn't seem to fix, as next time I use, the shows have been removed again; others suffering this too?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk 

Thankfully it’s never happened to me. You are best to report the issue with Now TV staff 

Click “chat online” within the green box for live chat

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Send an email to customer support email in picture below

9E9F0F36-53E6-4CBC-B43D-AA216963405E.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk 

Before reporting to Now TV staff. 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Geluk   @gavs82008  (for info)

Hi Guluk

My system is very similar to yours, a Samsung Smart TV with a Roku 3 for back up, for when Now TV or Samsung start messing with the Now TV app. Although I have not noticed my Watchlist loosing shows, I have noticed my Continue Watching 

retaining shows after I have finished watching them, e.g. 9-1-1 Lone Star S1E9 is being retained yet I have already finished watching all 10 episodes.

I think this is an after-affect of the system being rolled-back to workaround an unfixable bug an update recently introduced, which could also be the cause of your "hacking" experience.  However, for me at the moment, it's just an inconvenience that will eventually time out.

Personally, I think Now TV should test their updates a bit more before rolling them out onto the live system, because when they go wrong they can cause havoc.

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

I don't have any problems with my watchlist but continue watching is an absolute mess. When people have reported missing content/issues with shows and I've checked them I have been left with about 20 shows I can't get rid of.

Even scanning to the end of the last episode and letting the last 30 seconds play out hasn't got rid of them.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976 

Hi Saint

Yes, I totally agree, when I first noticed the problem I also tried scanning to the end of each unwanted, but already seen, show but, like you found, it had no effect, the shows were still retained.  So, I decided to just let them time out, which they will eventually all do.

Right now, I got three or four shows I can't get out of my Continue Watching but, for me, it's no biggie, unfortunately having 20 or so shows you can't get rid of, I can see, is a real problem.

Got to break for a snack and some music.

Later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep exact thing happening to me in March 2022! Like others I have a Samsung TV and another with the TV stick but also the app on my phone.....good thing too as the entire watchlist on my Samsung disappeared one day last week but not on the Now TV or the phone app which I had to re-instate and earlier today several programs on my watchlist and my 'continue watching...' list disappeared on both my Samsung TV and Now TV but not on my phone app which gave me enough time to put it back on the other two before it happened to the app aswell! 

Wtf are Now TV doing? Or is someone hacking and screwing around with it?

This is the kind of thing that doctors and other people tell you your being paranoid about and that 'its all in your head' or worse yet 'you've done it yourself and can't remember/ are having blackouts' kinda rubbish.

They need to fix this out a.s.a.p.!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not a hack, it’s a fault which NOW are trying to resolve.

Try deleting the cache on your TV for the app.

If your still having the fault report it to staff via live chat or email, both methods in my signature below.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually done that.....as well as reinstalled the app, powered down the TV (drained it of electricity etc) and yes also contacted Now and made a complaint as it seems to happen every couple of months. I can't really believe this is a bug as it seems to happen over various platforms and be happening for this many years.

If NOW are getting hacked then I'd doubt they'd be advertising as such and probably just report it as a bug like other companies.

But hey, thanks 😉👍🏽 👌🏽