cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing stopped! Sorry we don't support HDMI streaming to your to from mobile devices,

Help please, Smiley Frustrated I don't understand why it isn't working I use amazon and Netflix through these 3 android boxes, but this is all I keep getting on all 3 boxes, can any one help me please πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Unfortunately NOW TV don't support android boxes, they only support Android phone/tablet apps. On mobile NOW TV don't allow viewing through a HDMI cable, so on your Android box because this is trying to output via HDMI to your TV you're seeing the same message mobile users get. 

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can use to watch on TV. If not, a NOW TV stick is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same error on a tablet with no HDMI connection to tv(only tablet screen), tried live chat with NOW tv help but got discounted (timeout) trying app on other android device. It turned out that the tablet setting had got ready messed up, looked ok in menus but not working correctly; shutting down then restarting fixed my problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was 12 months ago.. has this issue been resolved yet??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on a phone,  not a tablet

Why is this so broken

Used to work

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You should be able to cast to your TV if its a suitable TV for casting?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. But i am not trying to cast, just to watch on the phone
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky also have this setup for Sky Go, so nothing will work with a HDMI cable from a phone/tablet to a TV. Whereas laptop/PC to TV via HDMI works. 

If you don't have a LG/Samsung TV or a Roku stick, I would highly recommend purchasing one, or even a Now TV device (the smart box should allow for casting). 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Kenzie
Advocate

I bought an android TV box because the now TV box kept crashing my whole network and now TV boxes are incredibly limited to what apps they allow. I listen to a lot of radio through my TV yet the now TV box wouldn’t allow me to download the β€œtune in” app, which I use all the time. When I first installed now tv android app, which exists, TV was streaming fine, now I get β€œwe don’t support hdmi streaming” error message. It worked absolutly fine yesterday. So, what is with it? If now TV doesn’t support android devices then why the hell is there a downloadable android app?