cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, Now TV has stopped working

For the last 3 days I have been trying to watch films but every time I tap on the film a message comes up saying unfortunately nowtv has stopped working its not just films it does it to the only things I can watch is things in my TV that I have already started watching. My tablet in a Lenovo yoga tab but it also dose es with my dell notebook as well. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If nothing is playing when watching any nowtv content on your devices, then perhaps try switching the power off to your router for about 20 minutes to let the router automatically acquire a new IP address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will give it a try 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There is no guarantee it will work, but worth a try anyway just in case the nowtv service is picking up a rogue IP address on your ISP router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just turned it all back on and it's still the same I have uninstalled and reinstalled nowtv 3 times. Also in the device sec it has my dell notebook on the list but if I try and watch anything it tells me I have reached the number of devices for this month but there is only 3 devices listed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works fine on our TV through the black box through a WiFi connection which is the same as my tablet and dell notebook.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have reached your maximum device limit, then jump over to live chat and ask them to reset your devices on your account.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't use my PC for watching nowtv, but a few PC Windows users had success by turning the Windows Areo theme on when using the NowTV player with their internet browser (see this linked thread below for more info).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/What-s-up-with-this-new-version-of-NowTV-player-6-1-0-0/td-p/479565/page/2

If that doesn't work then contact live chat again for further assistance & help.