cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to buy HayU pass...

Hi, hoping someone can help...for the past few weeks I have been trying to add Hay U to my account..unfortunately I keep on getting the same messages...when trying to start free trial a pop message says: unable to complete at this time...I have searched community for a solution. The last relatable post is from 2018! Any recommendations or potential solution? Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are trying to start the free 7 day Hayu trial via the NowTV Website, My Account > Passes & Vouchers section and you are getting the error message, then maybe try a different internet browser or another device with a browser on it.

Should you own a NowTV Stick / Box, Games Console, Smart TV with the native NowTV App, then have you tried starting the free trial via your playback device by going to the NowTV App and navigating to the My Account section of the App.

Also i am assuming your bank card details are up to date on the NowTV system and you haven't taken a Hayu free trial in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps, thank you for your reply. I have tried to sign up via my now tv box initially..,the error message: unable to complete the transaction at this time shows. I then tried on 2 other separate devices with 2 different browsers too...both times from the now tv website, again with the same error message. I have checked my account details including payment card and these are correct. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that's the case, then it sounds that there is an issue at NowTV's end with your account.

Get in touch with NowTV either via live chat or fill in the web form on this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I only ask cause we've got the exact same problem. I was given two 3 month vouchers for Hayu and so we thought we'd try it. 

My partner's Now TV account is the one we use in our house, but he has had a very long Vodafone voucher for his Entertainment Pass (expires end of next year), and my guess is that his Vodafone voucher is stopping Hayu from being added. It's not there as an option in 'passes and vouchers' and if he tries to play something on Hayu he just gets endless error messages about how the purchase couldn't be completed. 

From my rough knowledge of how badly put together systems work (which in my experience often applies to Now TV), if they've 'refreshed' accounts to allow Hayu as a pass, it appears they can't edit accounts that have Vodafone vouchers on them. Probably because doing so would cancel out the management that Vodafone does of the account to give you the Entertainment pass. So we're probably going to have to wait until his Vodafone offer expires before we see Hayu as an option. 

We emailed Now TV (using the link @schnapps provided) to ask and they was all "we're trying our very best to bring Hayu to a small number of limited accounts which do not yet have access to it".

I expect this to be fixed as quickly as an updated Now TV Apple TV app.

In the meantime, I've ended up using my old and disused Now TV account from years ago to use the Hayu pass, with just a spare Chromecast into the TV. Not ideal, but it works.