cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UNABLE TO WATCH ANY APPS

Hi I have been a Now Tv customer for a very long time and never had such issues. For the past two days I have been unable to watch any catch up programmes or manually enter into any apps to watch ITV continues to say WHOOPS WHATS GONE WRONG, and More4 is the same continues throwing an error message up. The whole system just appears to be buffering & the only thing you can access to watch is You tube??? Very frustrating as previously stated I have three boxes and they are all doing the same I have reset the setting logged in online to ensure payments have been made etc etc and all appears ok so why on earth am i having this issues. PLEASE RESPOND with a resolution at the earliest. Thanks a very grumpy customer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if step 6 on this linked guide resolves it, i can't guarantee it will work but worth a try for the sake of wasting five minutes of your time.

Update the software even if it shows you are on the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if step 6 on this linked guide resolves it, i can't guarantee it will work but worth a try for the sake of wasting five minutes of your time.

Update the software even if it shows you are on the same version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for this I have tried and this has been unsuccessful, what do you suggest I do we can literally only watch you tube so frustrating...
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try all the other steps identified on the linked trouble shooting guide including a full factory reset.

The only other thing you could try is maybe overnight to switch your Router off at the power outlet to see if it is related to a rouge IP address.

If you can't wait, maybe switch the power off on the Router for about 30 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Do you mean switch the power off on my internet router? Thank you so much for your help I can’t say Now tv online have been best helpful if I’m honest.

Thanks again
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep your internet Router.

Can't guarantee it will work, but worth a try.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity are all the three nowtv boxes which are not working properly are they the same model type ?

If so which boxes are you using the white, black, Freeview Smart or 4K Smart boxes.

Where i know the white boxes are starting to struggle and haven't got the processing power to handle some of the newer power hungry third party Apps on the white box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I m havimg thr same iasue but only the itv app. Is this a common problem at the minute.