cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Two new Entertainment Channels coming in the spring

Sky launching two new factual channels on the Now TV Entertainment Pass in the spring

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-to-launch-sky-documentaries-and-sky-nature

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has got to lead to a price increase 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Neither one are of any interest to me. Expect another price rise!

Legend 5
Legend 5
@PaulNormanUK if you think there is going to be a price rise you can save money by using gift cards that you can buy at Tesco/Argos/Currys
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Passes are getting harder and harder to obtain. Argos don't sell entertainment, kids or movies passes anymore and the only sports pass they sell now are the weekly ones. Tesco no longer sell them either and any you may come across in local stores are old stock. Currys will likely no longer sell them soon either... I said some time ago that NOWTV will scrap passes once user base picks up and it looks like I was right!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried using Tesco Clubcard points vouchers, you get 3x value for nowtv

ukbobboy
Legend

@PaulNormanUK 

Hi Paul

As a Now TV customer, I have no idea of their long term marketing strategy but to say, "...NOW TV will scrap passes once user base picks up..." seems wrong to me, here's why:

I recently bought 6 months worth of Entertainment passes from Currys recently, like I have done several times before.

Next, like most long time customers and forum members, I like to pay for my Now TV viewing with vouchers/passes and gift cards, which I find very convenient, economical and at times inflation busting.

As the service on offer is a non-contract type, Now TV would have to change it's business model, which I believe would not only alienate it's long term customers but also loose it a substantial amount of it's user base.

You see, Now TV is aimed at a particular economic sector of the population, which is not the same sector Sky is targeting, and so it would be counter productive, probably fatal, if they were to re-target their business at the high paying 

subscription end of the sector. Plus, Sky, Now TV's parent company, would never allow it.

UK Bob