cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv entitlements

Hi, does anybody know why my now tv is saying please check you have the right entitlement to view this. I’m on an entertainment pass and I’m trying to watch a programme on the entertainment platform 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is this happening on all your playback devices or one particular device ?

If it's one particular device, what is the device ?

Does the error message pops up when watching a particular live entertainment stream or when attempting to watch anything with your NowTV Entertainment Pass ?

Somebody else posted the same error message a while back, but never came back to report if the issue was fixed or not (see linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/PLease-check-you-have-the-correct-entitlement-to-view-this/m-p/484091 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is this happening on all your playback devices or one particular device ?

If it's one particular device, what is the device ?

Does the error message pops up when watching a particular live entertainment stream or when attempting to watch anything with your NowTV Entertainment Pass ?

Somebody else posted the same error message a while back, but never came back to report if the issue was fixed or not (see linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/PLease-check-you-have-the-correct-entitlement-to-view-this/m-p/484091 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the message pops up when I click on any programme on entertainment and the device I am using is iPhone I can’t watch live tv either nor can I watch playback. My account is up to date the payment is due tomorrow so should have access to programmes but I dont

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried deleting the NowTV App on your iPhone, then download a fresh NowTV App from your phone's App Store.

If that doesn't work check the regional settings on your phone is set to the UK.

Should the error appear on all your playback devices, then unplug the power to your Router for about 20 minutes.

If you are using a VPN on your phone or Router, try disabling it to see if that removes the error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven’t tried that as yet I will try that and let you know how I get on, I’m not using VPN but I will try to delete and and install again thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

brilliant, it has worked I appreciate that thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, great suggestion, this worked on my iPad. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately, I cannot get passed the message "NOW is currently unavailable" please try later.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using any Ad blocking software or Privacy controls on your Router? 

This error message sometimes crops up using Ad blocking software such has Pi-Hole for example or if using a BT Router under the Privacy settings you need to tick the file sharing option.

If you type the error message in the NOW Community search box you will see a few threads on the subject matter. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Also has a temporary test and if you have mobile Internet data on your smart phone, does the error message appear when using your smart phone has a wifi hot-spot with your NOW device

If you are not running any Ad blocking software or Privacy controls on your Router you could try forcing a software update on your NOW Stick or NOW box by following these instructions (if using either a NOW branded device or Roku Player). 

1. Press your NOW remote control buttons in this following order:-Homex5, Fast Forward x3, Rewind x2 (if nothing happens give it a second or two and try again). 
  2. From the hidden screen pop up menu highlight and click on Update Software (update the software even if you are currently on the same version number).