Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Handmaid's Tale

Hello @Anonymous User

Just wondering if The Handmaid's Take has an expiry date? I never watched it when it aired on Channel 4 and I don't have time to watch it all in one go. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

You might have seen this already, but I noticed on the @Anonymous User boxset information thread that The Handmaid's Tale came on about 18th May and is down as (1+years), so we might have it for a while.

When I saw this boxset pop-up recently it also got me thinking about watching it....... I never really gave it a second thought when first on channel 4, but then it became the best thing since sliced bread and won loads of awards, so I'm wondering about giving it a try.... when I have a chance.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

You might have seen this already, but I noticed on the @Anonymous User boxset information thread that The Handmaid's Tale came on about 18th May and is down as (1+years), so we might have it for a while.

When I saw this boxset pop-up recently it also got me thinking about watching it....... I never really gave it a second thought when first on channel 4, but then it became the best thing since sliced bread and won loads of awards, so I'm wondering about giving it a try.... when I have a chance.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @caseyb1993

I've put it in my watch list after seeing a clip on Gogglebox. It didn't look how I expected when advertised on ch4. Would be good to have the box set around for a while! 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User

I didn't want to see it at first due to the nature of it. 

My mum asked if I had seen it and said it was really good. If she says it is, then it must be as she rarely asks of I have seen a certain show! 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993@Lindzi

I saw THT appearing on Now TV just as season two was about to start on channel 4 and I thought about series recording season two and saving it SHOULD I get started with season one???  In the end I couldn't be bothered.  However, I do think I'll give season one a go in due course.

I had heard the content of the show was quite strong in places, but if it's alright with the Mums of the Nation, then I should be alright!!!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Then again, my mum is addicted to Judge Judy who I can't stand. 😂😂

Every time I see her, she has it on. 😶

Lindzi
Elite 2
@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

Just started ep 8

Can't........ stop........watching
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi@caseyb1993

@Lindzi someone has been binging??? and not long until you have finished season one..... if you get it all finished soon you might be able to start on season two on channel 4 (I assume the early season two episodes will still be on All4?).

I do get the feeling it is the sort of show you could easily binge on...... and that is basically how I do my boxsets.  I don't quite have the time yet to squeeze in THT, a lot of current shows are coming to an end, but the World Cup is starting soon!!!!  Way too much TV to be healthy!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

oh @Anonymous User   I have finished S1 and have watched Ep 1 of S2 on All4

Do not start this box set until ready for a total binge so maybe after the World Cup Smiley Happy

I mean 11 hours of this thing!!! Did the sun come out over the weekend because I totally missed it!

Brilliant tv though, which did surprise me to be honest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

Sounds like I do need to wait until I have a gap!!!!!

I don't know much about All4, but is the stuff only available for 30days or can shows be on for longer???  Are THT season two episodes only available for 30days or do they run longer??

You might also be keen to know that it says on wikipedia......in May 2018 THT was renewed for a third season.